QA Test Engineer – 6 month contract
My client is looking for a QA Test Engineer for a 6-month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering software releases in partnership with developers.
Responsibilities – QA Test Engineer:
- Produce appropriate Test Plans based on customer and product requirements and ensure they are followed.
- Ensure QA processes and procedures are documented and understood and followed.
- Support non-functional (e.g. Security or Performance testing) testing as owned by engineering team.
- Propose QA teams’ quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Automate tests and maintain tests where appropriate.
- Execute manual tests as required.
- Produce release notes as required.
- Create and maintain QA Test Environments as required.
- Collaborate with developers, solution architects, business analysts, customer services, customer solutions, and product managers to ensure the successful implementation of projects and releases.
- Actively participate in an Agile development environment.
- Work with Customer teams to ensure that their documents meet the needs of the Engineering Team.
- Work with developers, Solution Architects, Business Analysts etc to analyse and troubleshoot issues with software and environment including root cause analysis.
Requirements – QA Test Engineer:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably Computer Science BSc or equivalent
- 4-5 years working experience in software testing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in testing role on a QA team
- Functional Testing and exposure to Automation
- Load and Performance Testing
- Familiarity with general QA Tools (e.g. reviews, inspections)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows
- Working knowledge of Ruby scripting or similar
- Experience in testing (Internet/Web related applications a plus)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in the financial services industry would be a distinct advantage