QA Test Automation Engineer
€50,000 - €60,000
My client is seeking an experienced QA Test Automation Engineer to join their Dublin team.
About this role
My client is seeking an experienced QA Test Automation Engineer to join their Dublin team. If you have strong exposure to Automation testing and are looking to progress your Testing career to the next level, then please apply below for our QA Test Automation Engineer role. A leading IT company in Dublin is looking for a QA Test Automation Engineer to join their growing team. The successful candidate for this role will work within a QA function in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, with the ability to work well with stakeholders.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain your own automated test scripts in a very hands-on role
- Work closely with our developers to review Unit and Functional automation test coverage
- Work with a variety of automated test tools – these may include Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber / JBehave, Ruby, Jenkins, Java, Python, PostMan, JMeter etc.
- Mentor our existing QA Engineers and review their test scripts and execution, bringing your expertise to strengthen our automation across all projects
- Be a strong communicator who can drive best practice in software quality assurance and communicate clearly to all levels of the business
- Create excellent reports, test plans and other QA documentation for senior stakeholders
- Manage the current automated regression test suite and the nightly automated test runs, mentoring more junior members to maintain scripts.
- Take ownership of, and drive continuous improvement to, the full QA process
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in QA Automation, preferably in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience in creating & executing automation scripts
- Experience in version control systems such as SVN and Git
- Experience in build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Experience in the automation of RESTful web & messaging services and backend systems would be required
- Strong understanding of QA principles and development & coding best practices
- A passion for self-development, team work, adding value and problem solving
- Strong organisational & communication skills at all levels of the business
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related technical field