Purpose of the Role
The Test Data Co-ordinator is responsible for the set up and maintenance of all test data utilized by all Programme Test streams during test execution cycles.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage and maintain repositories with respect to the following Test Data Classes:
- Manual transactional datasets (Front End GUI / Web input) incorporating dynamic input test data associating data at a test case and test script level whereby the data may be used by several scripts associated to a single test case. This data should be an input/text option (e.g. order ID/Name for an order entry)
- Batch-feed datasets
- Static Database Data (e.g. Account ID, Number etc.). This data may be masked and must be in place before tests are executed
- Reference Data. Data that defines sets of permissible values to be used by other data fields.
In addition he/she will be expected to follow standard IS testing processes and procedures and will be involved with the analysis of business and functional/non-functional requirements from a test data perspective. The candidate should come from a testing background and have an understanding of detailed test planning and scheduling, test scripting, and test case construction.
The Test Data Co-ordinator will be expected to conform to the approved methodologies and standards in producing QA and Test deliverables that are compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
- Acquiring an initial understanding of the test data landscape through meetings and questionnaires.
- Building templates for:
- Data Request form
- Test Data Requirements document
- Test Data Analysis Report
- Data Strategy Document or Data Plan (can be made a subset of Master Test Plan)
- Data distribution log (log of request, fulfillment details, environment, characteristics of data provided, etc.)
- Data Catalog
- Ensuring test data integrity by version control in all relevant test data repositories / databases, and maintenance of a central Data Catalog
- Collection and consolidation of Test Data Requirements for all test Streams.
- Analyzing data requirements and existing test beds to identify the following:
- Gaps between data requirements and current test beds
- Gaps between data requirements and current data profiles
- Impact of data modification on ongoing Work within Workstreams.
- Implementation of Programme Data Security policies with regard to version control, back-up, storage and access.
Supporting change requests / unplanned data needs / problem reports or incidents on data delivered during testing
- Minimum 5 to 8 years experience in the IT industry in a technical role with at least 4 years as a QA/Test Analyst with emphasis on Data Management in a large enterprise environment with distributed locations and offices
- Expert in the analysis of business and functional/non-functional requirements and maintenance of test data repositories.
- Expert in creation and maintenance of test data repositories.
- Expert with technical and business testing phases.
- Experience with manipulation of Oracle databases and data structures
- Experience of some of the following test areas; functional, non-functional, regression, integration, black box, white box, negative, load, stress, end-to-end(E2E), user acceptance, operation acceptance testing, and data integrity.
- Experience in using test management tools (e.g. Test Rail)
- Experience with Test Automation (e.g. Selenium IDE)
- Experience with supporting the Users and Testers through all testing cycles
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Fully competent user of MS Office Products, including MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Sharepoint
- Working knowledge of recognised SDLC and Test methodologies, e.g. V-Model, Waterfall etc
- Testing experience in one or more of; large systems operations, client server and distributed environments, web services and web applications.
- Participant in test teams, test process, automated functional/ performance testing tools, and risk mitigation
- Able to analyse situations, use good judgement and make informed decisions
- Ability to produce good quality documentation
- Confident communicator to QA and Test Leads, Users and Developers
- Fluent in German – written and verbal
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Experience with test environment release and configuration management
- Experienced in Quality Principles and Qualifications/Experience with recognised Quality standards (e.g. ISO 900x; Six Sigma; TQM; ISEB; ISTQB; etc.)
- Educated to technical degree level or equivalent technical industry certifications (such as ISTQB/BCS)
Working Hours & Benefits
- Great location on Luas line
- Subsidized canteen
- 37.5-hour week