QA Test Analyst
Dublin City Centre
Dublin City Centre Financial Services client requires a Test Analyst for a permanent role with Automation Testing experience.
Reporting to a QA Team Leader the QA Analyst will be responsible for the planning, development, documentation and execution of functional requirements and system integration test plans within a Life Assurance systems environment. This position is suited to an experienced QA Test Analyst, with proven QA testing experience.
Standard Quality Assurance functions covering the full software development life-cycle include:
- Developing and implementation of test plans and test scripts for verifying and validating Mainframe and Web applications.
- Executing both manual and automated test plans for existing application.
- Software testing to include functional scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error validation, defect retesting, usability and performance testing.
- Identifying, analysing and documenting defects and questionable functions in application functionality.
- Ensuring that QA operates to the highest standards including:
- Determining requirements for test case traceability and test coverage.
- Leveraging and maintaining test plans for new versions of production applications.
- Creating comprehensive test plans with well-defined, reusable test scripts for new software releases.
- Ensuring compliance with auditing and industry standards.
- Supporting Client Testing as required.
- Balance the need to meet exacting standards for new developments and enhancements with the need to provide an efficient cost effective service.
- Ensure that Regression testing is performed in a manner that recognises the risks of introducing defects into an established environment while at the same time meeting the demanding deadlines. Help to develop our automated regression test coverage.
- Work closely with other colleagues within the QA team, Developers, Actuaries and CRM contacts to ensure that requirements are testable and verifiable as identified by the Client to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of expected functionality.
- Provide input into reviewing our SDLC processes and implement any improvements.
- A detailed knowledge of the Life Insurance industry.
- Experience in testing quality standards, policies and procedures
- Extensive previous, solid experience working in a Testing role.
- Experience with the following systems is also desirable: Mainframe, MVS Operating System, TSO, SDSF, FileAid, ENDEVOR and MS SQL Server
- Experience writing and executing automated tests.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, cross departmental and, on occasion, with external clients.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and technical writing skills.
- Ability to interrogate business processes, analyse specifications and process models to create detailed and complex test conditions and scenarios.
- Intermediate SQL skills
- University degree or diploma in related field or equivalent professional training and experience.
- Certification in ISTQB Foundation Course in Software Testing
Working Hours and Benefits
- Great location
- 40-hour week