QA Test Analyst
€45,000 - €50,000
I am looking for a QA Test Analyst to join my clients expanding IT team responsible for the development and maintenance of their mission critical applications.
Job / Role Overview
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced QA Test Analyst to join my clients expanding IT team responsible for the development and maintenance of their mission critical applications. As a member of the IT team, the QA Test Analyst will perform testing activities so as to ensure that the quality of software being released into the Production environment is of a consistently high standard. The QA Test Analyst will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of tests in line with agreed plans and strategies.
- Support the performance of Model Office Testing
- Provide post implementation support to the Business
- Interrogate the underlying databases to extract test data and execute SQL statements to prove test results
- Participate in defect triage discussions
- Perform other testing activities such as the preparation, setup and maintenance of testing environments
- Analyse requirements to ensure they are testable
- Develop comprehensive and well defined test cases and test scripts and ensure traceability back to requirements
- Execute functional, non functional, regression and integration test scripts
- Provide metrics for all testing activities including planning, preparation, execution, defects.
Education & Training
- A sound working knowledge of General Insurance products, processes and systems/platforms would be of advantage
- Strong Excel skills with experience in writing Excel Macros in VBA.
- ISTQB (or equivalent) Foundation Level certification
- Demonstrable experience of writing SQL scripts for data extraction and validation purposes
- A good working knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive, willingness to take the initiative and associated responsibility
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret user requirements, detailed technical and functional specifications and apply this information to plan, develop and execute test scenarios and scripts
- A minimum of 3/4 years relevant experience in a Test Analyst role, preferably in financial services
- Experience with eCommerce/Web solutions
- Experience and understanding of insurance products is desirable
- Experience of TIA, Fineos or Progen insurance applications would be of advantage
- Experience in using Test Management tools, in particular HP Quality Centre would be of advantage
- Exposure to automated test tools, in particular Selenium or Cucumber would be of advantage.