Project Manager (permanent)
My Dublin based client currently requires an experienced Project Manager on a permanent basis. Great opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a well established, market leading organization.
Planning, executing and closing of Projects
- Responsible for creating clear and attainable project objectives, building project requirements and managing cost, time, scope and quality
- Oversees all aspects of project information including business requirement documentation, stakeholder analysis, timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition of project
- Manage all aspects of the implementation of projects from end to end including all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project.
- Work closely with relevant departments to manage assigned projects in line with business and project objectives.
- Regular reporting, chairing and minute taking of key meetings and communication of progress
- Project cost management including effort estimating and managing baseline versus actual costs
- Store and publish all reports and other documents throughout a project life-cycle.
- Compile weekly Project Board reports for all ongoing projects
- Maintain a Lessons Learned Knowledge base.
Managing Project Stakeholders and Team
- Accountable for ensuring that everyone on the team understands his or her deliverable
- Responsible for motivating others in the project team by using an engaging communication style
- Mentor other PM’s with an emphasis on induction of new PM’s to the IT PMO.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and with the Client
- Engage in and take proactive ownership of personal development and career planning.
- Find ways to do things better for yourself, the team, the customer, and the Client.
- Tell people about your good ideas.
- Coordinate efforts of team members, third-party contractors or consultants to deliver the project within the triple constraints (cost, time and quality)
- Determine and implement the exact needs of your clients/customers
- Determine the optimum logical projects breakdown within a project and clearly understand interdependencies
Managing Project Conflicts and Risk
- Focus main attention on reducing risk significantly by adhering to a policy of open communication, ensuring that project participants can voice their opinions and concerns
- Proactively Manage risk mitigation strategy and ensure risks are handed over for operational management when the project goes live
- Strives to maintain the progress and mutual interaction and tasks of various parties in such a way that reduces the risk of overall failure maximizes benefits and reduce costs
- Agree to a communication process at the beginning of all projects
- Responsible for gathering all necessary information from the change initiator prior to presenting to governance teams
- Monitoring any change reviews, and following up on all approved changes including disseminating new project documents
- Project Management credentials (PMP, PMBOK, PRINCE2) or another relevant accreditation
- Proven track record in the management of 3rd party suppliers by holding them accountable to their delivery responsibilities
- Track record of proactive contribution to ongoing PMO (Maturity) process improvement
- Proven track record in delivering on-time, on/ under budget projects.
- Excellent understanding of software delivery methodologies such as waterfall and agile
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior project managers
- Proven experience of facilitating business stakeholders in strategic or planning workshops
- Past experience with infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, knowledge of project financial management
- Experience with delivery of complex infrastructure solutions into a mission-critical operational environment
- 6 or more years’ experience in management of complex projects in a fast-paced environment
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Demonstrated track record of managing a team’s performance targets.
- Track record of meeting targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Be able to work at a detailed level whilst being able to extract ideas for communication to senior management
- Knowledge of the transport sector
- Proven experience of delivering IT infrastructure projects with varying degrees of complex integrations with other systems
- University degree or diploma in related field or equivalent professional training and experience.
Working Hours & Benefits
- Great location
- 37.5 hour week