My Dublin based client is looking to add an experienced Project Manager to their team on a 12 month fixed-term contract with a view to extend.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the planning, execution, and closing of assigned projects which are to be implemented within scope, on time, and to budget.
Key Result Areas
Planning, executing and closing of Projects
- Responsible for creating clear and attainable project objectives, building project requirements and managing cost, time, scope and quality
- Oversees all aspects of project information including business requirement documentation, stakeholder analysis, timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition of project
- Manage all aspects of the implementation of projects from end to end including all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project.
- Work closely with relevant departments to manage assigned projects in line with business and project objectives.
- Regular reporting, chairing and minute taking of key meetings and communication of progress
- Project cost management including effort estimating and managing baseline versus actual costs
- Store and publish all reports and other documents throughout a project life-cycle.
- Compile weekly Project Board reports for all ongoing projects
- Maintain a Lessons Learned Knowledge base.
Managing Project Stakeholders and Team
- Accountable for ensuring that everyone on the team understands his or her deliverable
- Responsible for motivating others in the project team by using an engaging communication style
- Mentor other PM’s with an emphasis on induction of new PM’s to the IT PMO.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and with the Client
- Engage in and take proactive ownership of personal development and career planning.
- Find ways to do things better for yourself, the team, the customer, and the Client.
- Tell people about your good ideas.
- Coordinate efforts of team members, third-party contractors or consultants to deliver the project within the triple constraints (cost, time and quality)
- Determine and implement the exact needs of your clients/customers
- Determine the optimum logical projects breakdown within a project and clearly understand interdependencies
Managing Project Conflicts and Risk
- Focus main attention on reducing risk significantly by adhering to a policy of open communication, ensuring that project participants can voice their opinions and concerns
- Proactively Manage risk mitigation strategy and ensure risks are handed over for operational management when the project goes live
- Strives to maintain the progress and mutual interaction and tasks of various parties in such a way that reduces the risk of overall failure maximizes benefits and reduce costs
- Agree to a communication process at the beginning of all projects
- Responsible for gathering all necessary information from the change initiator prior to presenting to governance teams
- Monitoring any change reviews, and following up on all approved changes including disseminating new project documents
Essential Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Project Management credentials (PMP, PMBOK, PRINCE2) or another relevant accreditation
- Proven track record in the management of 3rd party suppliers by holding them accountable to their delivery responsibilities
- Track record of proactive contribution to ongoing PMO (Maturity) process improvement
- Proven track record in delivering on-time, on/ under budget projects.
- Excellent understanding of software delivery methodologies such as waterfall and agile
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior project managers
- Proven experience of facilitating business stakeholders in strategic or planning workshops
- Past experience with infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, knowledge of project financial management
- Experience with delivery of complex infrastructure solutions into a mission-critical operational environment
- 6 or more years’ experience in management of complex projects in a fast-paced environment
Desired Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Demonstrated track record of managing a team’s performance targets.
- Track record of meeting targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Be able to work at a detailed level whilst being able to extract ideas for communication to senior management
- Knowledge of the transport sector
- Proven experience of delivering IT infrastructure projects with varying degrees of complex integrations with other systems
- Planning and Organizing
- Strong stakeholder/supplier management
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to Influence
- Customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Continuous Improvement
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Ability to work towards stretch objectives