Project Manager wanted for top client based in Dublin. Experience building PMO. PMP or Prince 2 certified. Must have experience bringing Software Solutions from inception to deployment
My client is seeking a new Project Manager primarily responsible for:
1) Managing and delivering new client implementations
2) Managing and scheduling internal resources
3) Working primarily with the EMEA team to deliver scheduled work on time and in budget
4) Owning project scope and budgets, project plans and project forecasts
This software company is in a growth phase and needs to add a dedicated Project Manager to the Dublin team. This innovative company has developed a software solution for customers involving a web based application that serves the needs of all companies who send expats from one location to another. The Company is currently at 90 people and expected to continually increase in size and staff numbers year on year. This will create excellent opportunities to shape the way that the company delivers projects, as this role is for the first project manager to be based in the Dublin office. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to help design and ultimately own the PMO process within the company.
In this Project Manager role, you will collaborate closely with software development, BA’s, QA and produce owners to deliver a quality solution to all clients, internal and external. You will have the opportunity to shape the way projects are run in this growing software company as they continue to develop the products and modules on offer. You will have client engagement to plan the project and you will monitor the progress and the milestones of the project. You will also present progress, analysis and reporting directly to the Board of Directors and assist in the resource planning and liaise with all teams. In this role, you will design and recommend the reporting processes and use your interpersonal skills, experience and expertise to manage any impediments to project success.
- Web Based Technology Servicing Global Mobility/HR clients
- Core Product Development with Client and Internal Stakeholder Engagement
- The Project Manager will report to the Director of the European Office and will work closely with the Business Analysts responsible for configuring the solution, the Account Managers responsible for managing client accounts and the development and infrastructure teams, responsible for coding and security.
- Drive the introduction of a project methodology in the Company that can be used for all new implementations and ongoing projects
- Put your own stamp on how the Company manages clients, projects and how the Company is organized from a PM and SDLC perspective
- Be involved in weekly steering committee meetings driving product changes and balancing resources to work on key implementations and accounts
- Be responsible to manage all customer engagement related to implementations and ongoing (large) project work
- Actively manage resources and scheduling of work on a project basis
- Drive positive client satisfaction and establish strong relationships with clients and potentially prospective customers
- Effectively partner and collaborate with the EMEA team, and the global project management, development and QA organization
- Ability to work on a wide variety of projects; from small, to mid-tier, to large multi-national corporations with extremely complex requirements and solutions.
- Participate in new customer pursuits representing the Project Management Organisation in the company
Project Manager Job Requirements
- PMP/Prince 2 certification required preferably with a degree in Business, Computing or Engineering
- 3-8 years’ experience in a Project Manager job
- Qualification in project management or equivalent (PMP, Prince 2)
- Proven track record successfully delivering at least one software solution from inception to deployment
- Experience as an organizational change agent driving continuous process improvement
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Proven experience in people management and strategic planning
- A background in consultancy or working in a start-up would be a big advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer management skills