Project Manager (Business Change)
Dublin City Centre
Experienced Project Manager required for excellent client in Dublin City Centre.
Title: Project Manager – Quality and Process Transformation
Reporting to: Associate Director
The objective of the post is to support the planning and implementation of key projects and initiatives for the areas of Training and Practice.
The Project Manager will work with various working groups to develop programme plans, assist in process and data performance analysis, log issues and risks, advise on stakeholder and communications management and report on the status of the programme. This post will be responsible for working with team members and management within the Department to plan and drive the implementation of key departmental projects in a number of areas
Specifically, the duties of the post will include
- Ensure each Project has a clear programme plan indicating the programme stages and detailed activities.
- Clarify programme team roles and responsibilities and governance.
- Development and management of stakeholder management and communication plans
- Management of standard project management processes e.g. risk and issue logging, interdependency management, status reporting, planning, etc
- Workshop design and facilitation of stakeholders in collaborative problem solving.
- Co-ordinating team meetings, preparing documentation, design of templates, documenting workshop outputs, version control of documentation and managing sign off processes.
- Facilitating the programme team in agreeing implementation strategies, plans and conducting change impact assessments
- Ensuring the mechanisms and infrastructure required to sustain change are in place.
Required Skills and Behaviours
- Strong change leadership and communication skills to complement the programme leads leadership skills
- Strong influencing skills
- A higher degree in Quality Management, Project Management, Healthcare or Medical Education Management or related field would be advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience in change management methodologies is desirable but not essential
- Proven track record of delivering measurable and sustainable benefits
- A good coach and ability to transfer change management knowledge and skills effectively
- An excellent facilitator, experienced in workshop design and management of collaborative problem solving workshops
- Attention to detail and good documentation skills
- Requires minimum direction, high personal energy, positive approach to dealing with challenges and ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills and able to move a team forward, maintain momentum and project planning and management discipline.
- Ability to deal with conflict positively
- Track record of building positive working relationships
- Completer finisher and flexible working arrangements
- Strong process mapping and analysis skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Can co-ordinate and motivate a multi-disciplinary team
Certification in process improvement and project management methods such as Prince II, PMI, Lean and 6-Sigma is an advantage. Candidates indicating skills in these areas will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of these methods and examples of how they have used them to deliver measurable benefits.