My Financial Services company located in Dublin are undertaking a significant refurbishment of their premises and they are looking for a Project Coordinator to oversee the process.
My Financial Services company located in Dublin are undertaking a significant refurbishment of their premises. Work will include the renewal of building services, building fabric, IT facilities, WC facilities and the creation of a new reception, canteen, offices, meeting room and ancillary areas. The project is anticipated to take around 18 months to complete. The project will be undertaken in many phases with the company moving out of areas to clear work space, and then move back in. As part of the project, staff will move to an “agile working” approach.
A professional team has been appointed which includes a Project Manager, Architect, Quantity Surveyor, Services Engineer and other specialists. A Main Contractor will be appointed around May 2018.
- Liaison with all necessary stakeholders in Dublin. To include heads of department for IT, HR, Facilities, and team leaders. Relay key project information, gather comments, and feed back to the project team. Arrange and attend meetings as required. Circulate agendas and briefing documents.
- Liaison with a team of external consultants
- Plan and coordinate the project from the company’s side so that the business requirements are met and that the end product is as the company’s brief
- Once the project is on site communicate with the appointed contractor on a day to day basis albeit formal communication will be via the Project Manager
- Arrange and coordinate moves of staff to allow the construction work to take place
- Weekend working when moves take place to ensure moves run smoothly and the business can operate straight after
Working with the project team to ensure that the project is completed:
- On time
- Within the budget set
- To the quality standards that the company require
- In such a way so that the day to day running of the business is as uncompromised as possible throughout
- A working knowledge of construction projects
- A degree of technical knowledge relating to office buildings
- The ability to explain requirements, and understand feedback from others
- Working with a team to plan activities and solve problems
- Reacting to changes and unforeseen events
- Challenge team members and contributing into discussions
- Arrange and run meetings with heads of departments and key contacts
- Understand and manage facilities contracts