About this role
The Programme Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing cross-functional areas of product development. This position serves an essential liaison role between the senior management, product management, UI design, development, development operations and architecture. In partnership with the delivery managers, the Programme Manager will manage all aspects of programs through the full software development lifecycle. This is an exciting opportunity to move into an exciting Programme Manager position with a leading market leading company.
- Using project knowledge to be strategic in planning short-, mid-, long-term project objectives and identifying inter dependencies.
- Developing, maintaining, tracking, and managing a high-quality, integrated project plan to enable accurate reporting and decision making.
- Assessing program issues and areas of risk and developing mitigation plans to assist in decision making.
- Identifying critical path issues and alternative plan scenarios.
- Identifying resource needs to achieve program objectives.
- Using strong project and organisational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams.
- Working closely with team members from contributing functions to integrate input into optimized strategic and operational plans.
- Communicating effectively with team members, senior leaders, and the broader organisation.
- Keeping senior management and key stakeholders informed of program status and escalating issues when they impact timeline, scope, quality or budget.
- Developing yearly program goals and annual program budget assumptions, and ensuring integration of these goals with corporate objectives.
- Contributes to the functional excellence of program management by participation in the development and continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and tools related to program and portfolio management practices.
- 5+ years programme manager experience.
- Proven knowledge and experience in Agile development methodologies and managing large programs of work in an Agile environment.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of work across multiple products and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, managing teams and managing processes.
- Takes accountability for all project management aspects and works effectively and closely with the delivery managers.
- Skillful use of interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team performance.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, which enable successful collaboration with executive level stakeholders.
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound judgment, problem solving, and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional or horizontally aligned teams.