Programme Manager – Contract
My Dublin based client currently requires an experienced Programme Manager to join their expanding team in a contract role.
About this role:
Having recently completed a successful first phase delivery of our new Insurance Administration system we have embarked on a major second phase of work, including the migration from our legacy infrastructure. This is a vibrant programme of work with a significant positive impact on our business, utilising the latest Agile project methodology. The Programme Manager will take control of this programme and bring it to a successful conclusion. Working with senior colleagues from IT, Underwriting, Sales, Business Services, and Finance, you will own the end-to-end responsibility for this critical programme. This role is about pragmatic collaboration with stakeholders, team colleagues and vendors to manage all programme deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality, scope and the establishment of a benefits realisation plan.
- Take the lead programme management role in delivering the next phases of our Insurance Administration system.
- Monitor, control and report on the programme’s progress against the delivery schedule and budget, resolving risks and issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Manage the data and business process migration from our legacy systems to our new Insurance Administration System.
- Work with senior IT colleagues to integrate new digital channel features into our core Customer offering, ensuring that collaborative innovation delivers tangible business and Customer benefits.
- Own the end-to-end programme processes, from agreeing business requirements through to live implementation, and post go-live support.
- Manage outsourced partners to deliver to programme expectations.
- Be comfortable in challenging change requests and being steadfast on accepting only the best quality outputs for implementation phases. Be the champion of getting it right first time.
- Manage the communications with all stakeholders, third parties and internally within the programme delivery team
- Oversee and celebrate the transfer of successful implementations to IT Services for Business as Usual support and user care.
- Plan and administer the programme phases in partnership with PMO colleagues, working together to manage the programme budget and schedule.
- Manage risks and issues that may impact the programme to ensure they are controlled effectively and understood by stakeholders.
- Monitor the programme’s quality assurance processes.
- Invest in positive working relationships across all aspects of our business, and actively contribute to the planning of our future IT solutions that will meet and exceed our strategic business objectives.
- Develop and obtain agreement for the programme’s benefits realisation plan.
- Oversee the post implementation review, capturing and communicating lessons learned.
Knowledge / Skills/ Competencies
- 7 to 10+ years of proven project and/or programme management experience.
- Experience of general insurance, life assurance or financial services business environments.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a regulated business environment.
- Ideally be able to discuss your experience of managing complex projects in commercial/consulting settings, demonstrating full ownership for the success of the project
- Experience of migrating from legacy systems in a financial services marketplace would be a distinct advantage.
- Third Level Qualification in IT or MBA preferred.
- Project Management Certification preferred e.g. PMP, CAPM, PRINCE 2 or PMBOK.
- Experience of Agile/SCRUM methodologies would be helpful, though not a prerequisite.
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).