Portfolio and Performance Manager
My Dublin based Financial Services client currently requires an experienced Portfolio / Performance Manager to join their team on a 6-12 month daily rate contract.
The Project Management Office (PMO) exists to enable effective and efficient change delivery and inform and advise on the performance and direction of its Change agenda through the following key activities:
- Provision of transparent and insightful reporting to our stakeholders to direct the change delivery roadmap and enable timely decision making.
- Developing capability to move from descriptive to predictive analytics.
- Ensuring consistent delivery through implementation of industry leading Project Management and Business Analysis methodologies and toolsets
- Working collaboratively with the Change Delivery Directors & Portfolio Engagement Leads to assure the company on the performance of its Change portfolio through active monitoring of all key project metrics across the portfolio
- Providing the Project Management and Business Analysis community with a clear career path to achieve their professional goals through multi-channel training and industry certification enabling them to manage a diverse and challenging portfolio and create a highly skilled community.
This is a high profile opportunity to engage with senior stakeholders and participate in planning and oversight of the Change Delivery Portfolio.
The Portfolio Manager role collaborates across the PMO functions to ensure consistent service delivery to the Change Portfolio customer base, through engagement with and management of a team of Portfolio and Performance analysts with oversight responsibility for supporting the governance and management of all components of the Change Portfolio.
- Direct engagement with Change Delivery Directors and relationship management of relevant Change Delivery portfolio
- Occupies a key role in reviewing and overseeing data quality of the assigned portfolio, identifying associated issues and working with Change Delivery teams to resolve
- Ensures consistency in approach across portfolios from setup and programme structure to governance, funding and reporting so a consolidated view can be reported externally
- Working with other portfolio managers takes a holistic view of the overall portfolio, assisting other functions in identifying and addressing common issues, themes, opportunities for efficiencies etc.
- Ensures compliance with relevant Delivery Methodology (DM) practices, governance cycles and that external reporting is representative of the portfolio and articulated accurately
- Identifies opportunities for continuous development of working with other PMO functions to deliver improvements to execution
- Occupies a key role in governance and interaction with Governance bodies throughout the year and facilitates a structured demand planning process each year end
- Operationally manages process frameworks including demand planning, financial management, change project budget approvals, delivery governance at portfolio level, closure processes
- Provides demonstrable and effective governance over the change portfolio ensuring that appropriate processes and frameworks are in place and are operating correctly
- Provides holistic MI of change portfolio status, trend analysis and insights covering all the relevant dimensions (e.g. financials, milestones, risks, issues, KPIs) to support decision making at Business Change & IT Leadership
- Delivers value add analysis to management teams to direct appropriate action over the Change Portfolio across projects and programmes.
- Leverages the available information to review and assess the portfolio for contribution to strategic goals; delivery of value, given resource, budget and risk constraints; identifying and acting upon areas of variance or non-conformance to plan
- Proven team leadership experience
- Proven senior management/ executive stakeholder management experience
- Experience in project management delivery or senior PMO experience across different development models (e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.)
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- An ability to work in a changing environment and to be flexible in responding to user needs.
- An ability to deliver to tight deadlines in a busy fast paced environment
- Experience of designing and applying Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Portfolio Governance principles preferred.
- Third level / professional qualification – ideally project management qualification