PMO Analyst – Quality Assurance
My Dublin based client is looking for a PMO Analyst with quality assessment experience to join their team on a permanent basis.
About the Role:
The PMO Analyst – Quality Assurance will report to the Senior Manager IT Governance and will collaborate with stakeholders, IT delivery and Business teams to define, monitor and report on quality techniques and standards across both large programmes of change and smaller scale project initiatives. Additionally, the role holder will have responsibility for managing reportable errors on behalf of the company. Candidates for this role must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of quality to IT’s customers – “right first time”.
The Quality Manager is responsible for documenting, reviewing and ensuring quality across the portfolio of IT change by conducting the following activities.
- Develop, manage and execute a comprehensive Quality Management Plan
- Present and get buy-in from all stakeholders for the Quality Management Plan
- Identify skills required to undertake the QA “mandate” and ensure such skills are made available to projects
- Develop quality standards and tolerances for all deliverables
- Ensure the QA practices, processes and tools employed are fit for purpose and follow best practice where appropriate
- Set quality benchmarks
- Ensure the company’s compliance requirements are understood and factored into QA processes
- Ensure company’s Risk and Internal Audit requirements are factored into QA processes
- Review all formal project deliverables (in line with defined quality standards)
- Ensure best practice in terms of peer reviews / code reviews etc. is being adhered to
- Define project documentation standards and ensure that project documentation and processes being followed are auditable
- Identify, record and seek to resolve all project quality issues
- Raise quality issues with the appropriate owner and ensure remedial action is taken
- Ensure that business processes, requirements and all follow-on artefacts are traceable through maintenance of a Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Ensure that project change control process is managed throughout the project documentation lifecycle
- Ensure that project lifecycle stage gates are adhered to (or waivers recorded) as appropriate
- Ensure that project RAID logs are maintained accurately and in a timely manner
- Report on project quality in an independent manner
- Responsibility for managing reportable errors on behalf of company coordinating and liaising with key contacts across teams
- Experience in a software quality assurance role
- Experience with implementation and administration of project quality assurance metrics
- Experience of the full breadth of project management processes across the development lifecycl
- Experience of working in both Waterfall and Agile environments would be helpful, though not a prerequisite
Education & Training:
- Third Level Qualification in Computer Science / IT
- A formal quality assurance accreditation and / or project management certification (e.g. PMP, CAPM, PRINCE 2 or equivalent) would be of advantage. Alternatively, progression towards either would be desirable.