My Dublin based client are looking for a highly motivated PL/SQL (Oracle) Developer to work on a number of major projects developing and supporting all company systems.
– Work on complex projects that require both depth and breadth of knowledge in a number of technologies and the business.
– Translate business and technical requirements into business application systems.
– Assist in planning sessions with the business users to analyze business requirements, and provide design recommendations.
– Participate on projects, clarifying the business requirements, performing systems analysis, development and modification activities, as well as related maintenance & support.
– Write concise and clear technical specifications based on analysis of complex business requirements.
– Develop and modify complex software systems using disciplined software development processes.
– 4+ years’ experience in PL/SQL Development/Minimum Oracle 11G
– Advanced use of a source code management tool – GIT or similar
– Knowledge of UT PLSQL framework or similar
– Knowledge of Scrum (XP) or Agile working practices would be highly useful
– Knowledge of engineering practices Unit Testing, TDD, CI and CD would be highly beneficial
– Experience working in both Windows & Linux environments
– Exposure to Cloud Services (Oracle, AWS, Azure)
– Knowledge and experience in Oracle ADF an advantage
– Proven problem solving ability
– Must be methodical, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
– Experience in projects though which multiple systems are integrated, including design and implementation of high-level and detailed project plans
– Exposure to object-oriented theory & concepts
– General Insurance or financial services exposure highly advantageous
– Knowledge of Jenkins, or other automated build tools
– Understanding of logical and physical design
– Third Level Qualification in Computer Science / IT or relevant work experience
– Oracle Certification would be an advantage
– Document systems, applications and new procedures to Industry standards.
– Excellent client-facing and customer service skills
– Ability to work as a team member and on your own initiative
– Self-starter with a proactive approach.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills. An ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
– Participate in cross functional IT support.
If you are interested in this role, then please Apply along with your updated CV and I will be in touch with you to discuss your application in more detail, otherwise feel free to connect with me by whichever medium you are most comfortable with be that Linkedin, Email or Telephone. Remember we have limited our site to a maximum of 200 Jobs so if this Role is not a 100% match to your requirements please be sure to connect with us as we will most likely have another role which you may find more suitable.Apply for Job
If this isn't the job for you then why not reach out to one of our consultants today and send us your CV so we can find the one that is?Reach out to a Consultant
18 Jun 2019
Demand for tech talent continues to be very strong with employers competing to attract suitably qualified candidates for key roles. Set out below are five trends contributing to the current...
4 Jun 2019
For IT professionals, project management is an interesting and rewarding specialism with excellent opportunities for career progression. While technical knowledge and experience are an advantage when...