Performance Tester – Daily rate contract
Dublin City Centre
Neg depending on experience
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Performance Tester this is a 6 month daily rate contract with a possible extension after that.
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for a Performance Tester this is a 6 month daily rate contract with a possible extension after that. The successful candidate is required to deliver performance and load testing of the application suite, as part of the Non-Functional Testing work-stream.
- Deliver performance, load, concurrent user and stress testing on the new suite of applications
- Understand and analyse the non-functional requirements from business
- Analyse the critical business scenarios
- Design the workload model
- Develop the test scripts to simulate production load (in-house, on-line)
- Analyse and propose an appropriate toolset to support test execution, analysis and reporting
- Enhance scripts by creating/implementing
- Reusable functions
- Think Time
- Execute performance tests and monitor results
- Participate in troubleshooting when issues are identified
- Provide analysis of performance testing results and provide insights into where optimization opportunities and application inefficiencies exist
Essential Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of system environments – shared resources, components and services (CPU/Memory/Storage/Resource Contention)
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience with performance, scalability, stress and reliability testing on enterprise scale systems, servicing both internal users and online demand
- Experience with performance tools (e.g. JMeter)
- Competency in scripting languages (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience with interpreting test results through log management tools (e.g. Jenkins)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines