To facilitate the achievement of the mission and objectives through the delivery of excellent patient scheduling and phone enquiry services for clients. This role supports the clinical functions by delivering integrated patient scheduling services that optimize the patient journey.
- Analyse information (qualitative, quantitative and statistical) to inform and measure the effectiveness of projects and work streams under the responsibility of the post holder.
- Develop metrics and data to measure service delivery in all areas of responsibility. Develop regular reporting and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure performance against targets.
- Identify, adapt and bring examples of best practice in patient services from other related and unrelated organisations, nationally & internationally.
- Deliver measurable improvements in patient experience.
- Lead the development, delivery, and reporting of action plans.
- To lead compliance with requirements of Joint Commission for Patient Service – Patient Scheduling and other related areas.
- Lead day to day operational excellence through standardisation, process improvement, troubleshooting and service delivery
- Provide leadership, day to day line management and development of such staff as are required to support the projects and work streams being delivered.
- Support the team leaders in Patient Services with any queries or complaints raised about services / activities under the control of the post and, where these have significant implications for resources, policy or practice, bring them to the attention of the Hospital Management Team.
- Plan and deliver training for hospital staff on patient service excellence.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Patient Services Scheduling and Phone Enquiry teams.
- Responsible for the recruitment and professional development of staff, ensuring appraisals are undertaken on a regular basis and personal development plans are achieved.
- Ensure the appropriate supports and mechanisms are in place for staff to succeed in their roles and support their professional development.
- Develop cost-benefit analysis for spending and initiatives striking the appropriate balance between cost and customer experience.
- Control budget for the department.
- Research, and report on best practice technology solutions that would enhance the patient experience, drive out complexity and rework, and otherwise enhance the patient services processes, and patient experience.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with Hospital IT Department to ensure that existing systems are optimised, new projects are scheduled and resourced, and that appropriate budgets are agreed for IT project proposals.
Responsibility for Policy / Service Development
- Input to Patient Service policy development and implementation.
- Responsible for interpretation of regulatory and/or other legislative or policy changes that might impact patient service and the development and implementation of appropriate change plans.
Knowledge, training and experience
- Develop, implement and lead patient service & patient experience training programmes aimed at front-line clinical, consultant and administrative staff
Planning & Organisational Skills
- Plan and organise a broad range of activities and programmes, around the core measure of patient service and patient experience.
- Establish and work with service users to foster a partnership approach to patient service. Lead the development and implementation of methodologies to ensure effective partnership working between all stakeholders.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- The ability to build and motivate teams that deliver high standards, collaborative working and integrated solutions.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- A strong lateral thinker and a highly effective communicator.
- A strong sense of drive, determination and personal resilience.
- The ability to think and act strategically, yet developing workable and practical solutions to achieve real outcomes.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Degree or similar education.
Working hours / Benefits
- Parking – €40 per month
- Annual pay reviews for all staff
Excellent Pension Scheme (5% employee contribution)
Brilliant study support for third level courses – financial support & study leave
On-site occupational health with comprehensive external services as required
Generous sick pay scheme
Free income protection for all workers absent more than 6 months (subject to 2 years’ service)
Free Life assurance for all employees
Paid Maternity Leave (subject to 2 years’ service)
Generous reward and recognition scheme.
40 Hour working week
- Subsidised on-site café’s and discount at local businesses
On-site dry-cleaning collection & delivery
Sports and Social clubs
Flexible working practices
Local crèches within walking distance
Great transport links with Luas, M50 and N11 QBC in close proximity.