Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Java programming 1-2 years
Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer
• Strong Communication (Verbal & Written) and Interpersonal Skills.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• Ability to work effectively on own initiative with a strong sense of autonomy.
• Results driven and solution oriented.
• Strong organisation and planning skills.
• Comfortable challenging the ideas of others.
• High attention to detail, accuracy & quality.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
• At least 8 years experience of Oracle 10g or 11g SQL, PL/SQL development including writing Oracle Stored Procedures in a Transactional environment.
• At least 5 years of PL/SQL programming experience including the ability to tune SQL and PL/SQL, and scripting of same.
• 2 to 3 years of Oracle Forms experience.
• 1 to 2 years of Java Development experience in J2EE environments is highly beneficial.
• Experience of extract transform and load techniques and technologies and testing of same.
• Good understanding of Unix based operating systems (Solaris), including writing of shell scripts.
• Experience releasing to production environments and understanding of change control systems.
• Familiar with Oracle Database administration.
• Experience of working in an Agile development environment.
• Hold a third level degree or appropriate professional qualification
• Experience of the financial/insurance sector would be beneficial.
• Appropriate work permits to work in Ireland.
• Responsible for the design, development, enhancement, triage, and debugging of Oracle applications and systems.
• Ensure that all key technical requirements are identified, estimated, designed, documented, implemented and integration tested.
• Produce detailed technical specifications based on business requirements documents.
• Build high quality designs & solutions using your expertise in data modeling, PL/SQL (and Java if knowledge exists) in accordance with AWC development standards.
• Ensure that consistent design patterns, methodologies and design documentation are maintained across all of your development projects.
• Perform (and support) technical & design reviews of your own and other IT projects.
• Test all your code prior to release to ensure quality solutions are delivered, and provide additional support on delivered code when necessary.
• Work with BPM authoring tools where Business logic interfaces with Oracle DB’s as a data access layer.
• Work closely with the Business Analysts, Testing and Support teams to ensure all technical requirements for new projects are captured, designed and developed according to those requirements.
• Document deployment/installation guides and produce operational documentation as necessary.
• Ensure urgent customer issues are resolved through triaging, troubleshooting and quickly applying solutions to any identified problems.
• Work on collaborative cross technology and cross division projects where Oracle applications and systems interact with a range of business logic interfaces & systems.
If you are interested in this role, then please Apply along with your updated CV and I will be in touch with you to discuss your application in more detail, otherwise feel free to connect with me by whichever medium you are most comfortable with be that Linkedin, Email or Telephone. Remember we have limited our site to a maximum of 200 Jobs so if this Role is not a 100% match to your requirements please be sure to connect with us as we will most likely have another role which you may find more suitable.Apply for Job
If this isn't the job for you then why not reach out to one of our consultants today and send us your CV so we can find the one that is?Reach out to a Consultant
20 Oct 2020
Choose wisely and these benefits will increase over time as the recruitment agency’s knowledge of your business deepens. Benefits of using recruitment agencies For large organisations and SMEs,...
23 Sep 2020
Covid-19 has forced many businesses to innovate rapidly this year. Much has changed and many companies have work to do to better integrate these changes into their systems. For tech workers, this...