My Dublin based client is looking for a experienced Oracle Developer to join their existing team.
Oracle Sql Database Developer
The role will focus on the development of an advanced data movement and delivery system supporting high volume financial transactions on a daily basis across the full range services. The system will ultimately provide high quality financial investments and performance data to internal and external system users, over complete data quality and lineage system
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Candidates who do not meet the certification requirement and other required qualifications must demonstrate willingness to complete required assessments successfully within a specified time period
Candidates will have excellent design and development history indicating expertise across the full SDLC in the finance/insurance industry – demonstrating previous experience in the development and utilization of Database and ETL technologies. Excellent SQL query development skills will be required (Oracle, Netezza) as a means to enable high performance data movement and transformation.
- Primary degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Finance related postgraduate qualification (desirable).
- Oracle Certification (desirable). This role will require a sound knowledge of the Investor Services business domain coupled with a strong understanding of reporting, business intelligence and data management technologies that support this space.
- 5+ years in software development in the financial/insurance or related industry.
- Excellent understanding of SQL writing. ETL technologies such as Ab Initio experience an advantage
- Excellent SQL query development and optimization skills (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Excellent query tuning skills. Use of performance tools such as SQL trace, EXPLAIN plans, Oracle ADDM, AWR, ASH, etc
- Excellent data analysis, profiling and integration skills
- Experience with data formatting and scripting technologies (Unix/Perl)
- Understanding of metadata management, data lineage and data quality