South West Dublin
€400-€470 Per day
Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer
Java programming 1-2 years
Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer
• Strong Communication (Verbal & Written) and Interpersonal Skills.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• Ability to work effectively on own initiative with a strong sense of autonomy.
• Results driven and solution oriented.
• Strong organisation and planning skills.
• Comfortable challenging the ideas of others.
• High attention to detail, accuracy & quality.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
• At least 8 years experience of Oracle 10g or 11g SQL, PL/SQL development including writing Oracle Stored Procedures in a Transactional environment.
• At least 5 years of PL/SQL programming experience including the ability to tune SQL and PL/SQL, and scripting of same.
• 2 to 3 years of Oracle Forms experience.
• 1 to 2 years of Java Development experience in J2EE environments is highly beneficial.
• Experience of extract transform and load techniques and technologies and testing of same.
• Good understanding of Unix based operating systems (Solaris), including writing of shell scripts.
• Experience releasing to production environments and understanding of change control systems.
• Familiar with Oracle Database administration.
• Experience of working in an Agile development environment.
• Hold a third level degree or appropriate professional qualification
• Experience of the financial/insurance sector would be beneficial.
• Appropriate work permits to work in Ireland.
• Responsible for the design, development, enhancement, triage, and debugging of Oracle applications and systems.
• Ensure that all key technical requirements are identified, estimated, designed, documented, implemented and integration tested.
• Produce detailed technical specifications based on business requirements documents.
• Build high quality designs & solutions using your expertise in data modeling, PL/SQL (and Java if knowledge exists) in accordance with AWC development standards.
• Ensure that consistent design patterns, methodologies and design documentation are maintained across all of your development projects.
• Perform (and support) technical & design reviews of your own and other IT projects.
• Test all your code prior to release to ensure quality solutions are delivered, and provide additional support on delivered code when necessary.
• Work with BPM authoring tools where Business logic interfaces with Oracle DB’s as a data access layer.
• Work closely with the Business Analysts, Testing and Support teams to ensure all technical requirements for new projects are captured, designed and developed according to those requirements.
• Document deployment/installation guides and produce operational documentation as necessary.
• Ensure urgent customer issues are resolved through triaging, troubleshooting and quickly applying solutions to any identified problems.
• Work on collaborative cross technology and cross division projects where Oracle applications and systems interact with a range of business logic interfaces & systems.