Operational Risk Manager
Dublin City Centre
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager to join the team. This role is fixed term contract to cover Maternity leave and will be working off a hybrid model.
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager to join the team. This role is fixed term contract to cover Maternity leave and will be working off a hybrid model. The Operational Risk Manager will be responsible for executing, reviewing & assessing appropriate level 2 controls for Operational Risk. The Operational Risk Manager will work closely with Senior Management across the entire business in oder to formulate and implement the annual risk based monitoring and testing plans. The Operational Risk Manager will also help develop & maintain an update the annual risk assessment process and reflect changes to risks & controls. The Operational Risk Manager will support the design, implementation & enhancement of an Enterprise Risk Management Framework to achieve consistency around the execution & delivery of Operational Risk activities.
The Operational Risk Manager will also provide Regulatory Compliance advice & expertise to the business & support adherence to regulatory requirements. Key to the role is monitoring & continuously enforcing & enhancing best practices to ensure all business is carried out in accordance with all applicable legislation, regulations & guidelines. You will work with the Director of Compliance to ensure that Regulatory & Consumer Protection Risk is adequately monitored and tested.
- Risk framework/programme development
- You will input to the design of an appropriate Regulatory & Operational Risk Control Framework in line with the Enterprise Risk Management framework
- You will ensure implementation of regulatory & operational risk control standards providing
- guidance as required
- You will provide training as required to ensure all business functions aware of responsibilities in relation to risk assessment, regulatory compliance & Errors logging
- You will advise the business on responses to errors, complaints, Data Protection Breaches/Incidents and appeals etc
- Risk Assessment
- You will provide on-going training & lead risk workshops to facilitate risk identification, assessment & risk management
- You will document risks & monitor adherence via validation of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process
- You will provide on-going & objective oversight of activities with a view to detecting potential risks & non-compliant activity at the earliest possible stage
- You will develop & implement communication plan & outcome testing to ensure that all key stakeholders & functional groups are fully aware of relevant governance activities & expected compliance standards
- You will assess conduct activities across the organisation & how these relate to customer outcomes
- Oversight & Execution
- Monitoring: You will determine & review key reports & metrics to monitor compliance with standards/ policies/ regulations
- Methodology: You will determine where continuous monitoring of selected transactions may be appropriate & implement same.
- Testing: You will perform risk-based point in time assessment & testing as required per the annual testing plan
- You will analysis reporting of identified operational & regulatory risks & ongoing remediation efforts
- to all relevant stakeholders
- You will proactively enhance the reporting suite to provide management with good metrics on risk management across business
- Advisory & third parties
- You will provide advice & practical assistance to ExCo & functional management to understand & manage regulatory, operational & enterprise risk
- You will input to any new business development as required Team Development
- Leadership & Team Development
- You will successfully lead the direct reports & other project teams towards achieving the Op Risk plan/goals
- Min of 2-3 years’ experience in Operational Risk and/or Compliance or similar role
- Strong cross-functional experience either in-house or externally in a financial services environment
- Have the ability to demonstrate detailed knowledge of regulatory & operational risks influencing the Irish credit sector along with demonstrated, strong credit skills etc
- Have previous experience operating in a risk management or control monitoring position
- Execution of responsibilities in line with Compliance & Risk policies to ensure risk management governance & oversight.
- Implementation of Operational Risk Management methodology across the business platform.
- The Risk Registers are kept up to date and/or action plans in place to close any outstanding items
- Identification of control deficiencies & follow-up monitoring execution of action plans to address issues identified
- Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk awareness across business
- Governance structure in place for all Monitoring & Testing executed
- Quality reports outlining process & operational items.
- Robust, accurate & timely reporting to relevant management
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Licentiate of the Association of Compliance Officers of Ireland (LCOI) or accounting bodies such as ACCA / ACA / CIMA
- Previous experience in Consulting Advisory/ Operational Risk role preferred (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of business functions and systems relevant to financial services, preferably across consumer and commercial lending (desirable)
- Previous experience liaising with Regulators (desirable)
- 3rd level education to Degree or Master level in an economic or numerical discipline and/or relevant professional qualifications
Working Hours & Benefits
- Hybrid Working
- Death in Service
- Tax Saver tickets
- Life Assurance