Network Security Engineer
Dublin / Remote
€500 - €550
My Dublin based client is looking for a Network Security Engineer to join their team on a contract basis. Position is with a growing team working on a variety of projects
- Have experience in configuring and managing the cisco routing, switching and firewall and Intrusion Prevention systems.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols specifically TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN, LAN/WAN.
- Help manage company firewalls and Intrusion systems
- Capable of working with a team to identify specific vulnerabilities and mitigate any threats.
- Be proactive to improve the security of the company through continuous review of processes and procedures
- Work with SOC team on identifying threats from SIEM and other Logs gathered across all IT infrastructure
- Experience with carrying out internal and external vulnerability management against network resources.
- Help implement changes to security and compliance
- Work also with our security audit team as required on behalf of Networks team.
- You will also be part of the network support team (2nd/ 3rd level)
- Help with system upgrades; install OS, maintenance releases, critical fixes, and service packs; assist with application upgrades, installations and systems monitoring.
- Define, create, and deliver documentation – hardware/software configurations, change control, downtime/availability, problem/resolution, procedures, resource usage, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong background with Network Vulnerability Assessment solutions and reviewing the reports and remediating accordingly.
- Previous involvement in managing and configuring IDS/IPS systems, ideally Cisco IPS.
- Solid Understanding of SIEM technology (ideally Splunk) and other Log Management solutions.
- Strong scripting skills with various languages in particular Python.
- Skilled at working with Vulnerability Management solutions ideally Nessus or Qualys.
- Exposure to manually testing network-based vulnerabilities and testing network services, as part of internal/external penetration test validation.
- Background in patching network devices and validating results, true/false positives.
- Ability to manage remote authentication solutions e.g. DUO/OKTA and solid understanding authentication protocols.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Network security – strong experience managing and delivery solutions like VPN connections, IPS systems, web filtering, secure email, NGFW firewall systems, reverse proxy systems, WAFs. Experience on vendors like Fortinet, Checkpoint and Cisco is preferred. Holding an active certification would be highly advantageous.
- Strong experience with Windows/Linux OS with solid command line skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and manage in a team environment effectively.
- Previous experience following change management and change control processes.
- Third level degree or relevant work experience
- Network Security Certifications – CCSA, CCNA, CCNP, NSE