Dublin City Centre
My Dublin City centre based client is looking for Network Engineer required to join them on a 12-month contract daily rate contract.
The role will be based on a large Public sector client for a minimum 12 months. The client support in the region of 3,000 – 4,000 users. The role requires a good Network Engineer and someone who also has good communication skills to deal with a large user base. The client will pay a competitive daily rate.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Administer firewalls, switches, routers.
- Excellent working knowledge of Cisco WAN equipment. Strong routing skills (OSPF & BGP)
- Managing administrative duties, such as time & ticket management, process documentation, effectively and in a proactive way
- Develop and maintain support documentation in accordance with company standards
- Works with members of other IT groups to solve systems-related issues for internal and external customers.
- Adhere to all support processes within an ITIL Framework
- 4+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer.
- Excellent Knowledge of Cisco routing & switching
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls, Check Point Firewalls, Check Point Sandblas
- In-depth knowledge of Network inspection and monitoring and analysis tools
- Radius/802.1X authentication
- Have strong organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of current IT technologies and service management processes.
- Third Level Degree or relevant IT Qualifications.