.Net Developer – Payments Integration
Dublin City Centre
Experienced Backend .Net Developer with previous commercial payments experience, required to join excellent company in Dublin City Centre.
- Work with other members of Engineering to design/document holistic payments solutions and integration to payment provides to be delivered across our sprint delivery model. Large feature/function is typically delivered in fragments awaiting its final assembly, configuration and enabling in Production.
- Provide accurate estimates for the implementation of assigned feature/function and deliver to those estimates (within the sprint). Attend daily scrum to inform progress of assignments.
- Implement assigned aspects (formal specification) of the agreed solution within a Test Driven Development. Take pro-active steps to ensure high availability/reliability and high performance/through-put of solutions. All coding is performed directly on the trunk (within a SubVersion repository) and within strict guidelines. All service configurations are managed within a well-defined configuration management process catering for multiple environments and service instances.
- Assist in the maintenance, tuning (optimum performance) and issue resolution of production services.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of development best practice, environments, and tooling. As well as assisting in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies, platforms, and software.
- Work with 3rd party service providers as/when the need arises.
The core function of this role is to design, implement (/test) and support range 3rd party payments integrations for online account funding. Payments providers include WorldPay, SafeCharge, Neteller, Skrill, NMI, GreenDot, PaySafeCard, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Sightline, BridgePay etc.
Our software stack is a combined Microsoft .NET and SQLServer deployed to a Windows platform and .NETCore running within Containerised Stacks on a Docker Swarm
The candidate will work within a dedicated backend team highly skilled in delivering high through-put low latency trading and ancillary services. The platform(s) contain both synchronous and asynchronous servicing on both soap and tcp-ip processing channels. A good portion of business logic is maintained with SQLServer hence strong tSQL and SQLServer knowledge/expertise is required.
The software delivery pipeline is sprint/scrum based with multiple concurrent sprints covering front end, back end and tooling. Our sprints are typically three week cycles with many daily builds. The Organisation operates on a continuous integration/delivery path with many ambitions for total automation of environment build out, configuration and deployment.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Strong working knowledge and experience of …
- Integration to 3rd party payments services and payments lifecycle processing
- C#, .Net (Latest) and .Net Core (Latest), tSQL/SQLServer Visual Studio 2017+ (with nunit, productivity/refactoring plugins (e.g. Resharper)
- Agile sprints-scrum based software delivery pipeline
- Experienced in TDD, SOLID development principles and mocking frameworks
- Software version control tool; SubVersion (desired), Mercurial, Git, Perforce, etc.
- Deployments into IIS, Windows Cluster Manager and Containerised environments
- Project/Team collaboration tool (ticketing systems); JIRA (desired), Bugzilla, etc.
- Continuous Integration tooling such as TeamCity (desired) and/or Jenkins
- Experience/knowledge of programming paradigms; networking, concurrency, publish/subscribe, cloud patterns, etc.
- Exposure to Cloud-ification of services, migration to cloud and maintenance/support thereafter.
Role: Non-Technical Skills
- 3+ years’ experience in payments services and payments lifecycle processing
- Work effectively, both as part of a process driven team and autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Contribute/Support Development with respect to …
- process definition, evaluation, rollout, enforcement and continuous review with respect to our software delivery pipeline
- best practice usage of tooling
- development, build and deployment standards/approaches
- delivery of continuous integration/delivery
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to grasp complex scenarios quickly and make educated, critical judgments fast.
- Documentation of process, usage of tools, release audits and similar.
Working Hours & Benefits
40 hours per week