Manager Category Buyer
My Utilities Dublin based client is looking for a Manager Category Buyer to join their team.
My Utilities Dublin based client is looking for a Manager Category Buyer to join their team. The right candidate will drive the development, execution and ongoing management of effective procurement strategies for the specific spend categories of Infrastructure, Facilities and Engineering Services with regards to service performance, quality, cost, innovation, sustainability and governance supporting the Head of Function in the day to day operation of the team.
- Work across functionally with international joint venture partners;
- Provide professional procurement expertise in delivering key business objectives (delivery performance, cost, risk mitigation, innovation, etc.);
- Manage a team in the preparation of category plans for each subcategory of spend across the team;
- Manage the demand planning process and ensure deadlines are met;
- Running end to end procurement processes;
- Creating and managing commercial and contracting strategies that underpin the overall strategic procurement process to incorporate whole life cost modelling and contract life cycle management;
- Developing innovative delivery models across all contracts and advising on contract risk for each initiative;
- Creating a group property management strategy to include, utilities management, lease renegotiations and working with the workplace and facilities management team on the procurement of capital projects and operational services;
- Develop and manage innovative delivery models for the group;
- Establishing and implementing a business-wide approach to procurement best practice which includes supplier on-boarding & selection, driving standardisation & enhancing efficiencies;
- Identification, categorisation and ongoing tracking of qualitative and quantitative efficiencies;
- Managing relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment and commitment to implementation;
- Creating and leading performance management and supplier development programmes;
- Governance – ensuring that key regulatory, legal and commercial governance policies and processes are properly addressed and managed;
- Effective supplier/stakeholder relationship management strategies to be created and implemented across each category area to ensure standardisation of approach; and
- Possibility of international travel on a monthly basis (public health guidance/restrictions permitting).
- Experience in procurement with 10+ years experience within the category areas of infrastructure, facilities and engineering services (or similar);
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline or a related discipline (eg supply chain management);
- The ability to effectively communicate, influence and collaborate with key stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of purchasing tools, platforms and processes;
- Demonstrated ability to build capability within the team, including coaching junior staff; and
- Understanding of the financial analysis and reporting of project budgets.