The Manager, Business Continuity Management will support the Director IT Risk Management (Europe) and the AVP, Global Business Continuity Management (Global) and will be responsible for contributing to the design and oversight of implementation of the enterprise-wide Business Continuity Management Framework in Europe.
The role will support the establishment and ongoing operation of the second line of defence within the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) which includes Emergency Response, Incident Management, Business Recovery and Disaster Recovery planning.
The role will be accountable for ensuring that business units in Europe are adequately identifying, measuring, managing and reporting business disruption risks, and are in compliance with all global and jurisdictional standards and regulatory requirements. The Manager, Business Continuity Management will work actively with the Global BCM group to ensure practices are aligned to the BCM Framework, and provides independent assessment of the BCM risk profile.
As this is a new role, the successful applicant will have opportunity to shape the team so therefore will be a significant influence on the success of the department, forming the new team and influencing colleagues.
The successful candidate will:
- Have approximately 10 years experience working as a BCM Analyst in a large corporate environment
- Foster and provide visible leadership in the promotion of sound BCM Risk Management practices across the organization by contributing to the development and execution of the BCM Risk framework, policy, structure, procedures and processes.
- Establish a process to apply objective assessment to key aspects of the BCM Framework including the business impact analysis (BIA) process, stated recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs), as well as recovery and testing strategies.
- Provide objective and independent risk expert advice and counsel to the business, partnering with Internal Audit, Legal, Compliance and Risk.
- Recommend courses of action for the first line of defence to ensure ongoing improvement and evolution of business recovery strategies and capabilities.
- Ensure that the BCM risk profile in Europe is aligned with strategic business objectives and stated risk appetite.
- Drive continuous improvement across the organization related to BCM risk and ensure improvements are incorporated into the ongoing development of tools and processes. Ensure that change management impacts are assessed and related processes are in place.
- Determine the appropriate governance and escalation processes to support the lines-of-business on key risk issues.
- Ensure sufficient testing programs are established to provide assurance of resilience to key risks and threats
- Review and provide objective assessment to the design of regional testing frameworks
- Prepare and delivers annual performance reviews.
- Recognize and rewards staff, for their contributions, through the execution of the bonus program.
- Support individual professional and career development through the execution of professional development plans.
- Manages workload balancing, and work assignments of direct reports.
- Establish and report on BCM key risk indicators for Europe, and facilitate the sharing of best practices across the regions
- Support BCM scenarios, and work with regional teams to engage relevant businesses
- Implement BCM methodology for regional engagement in change risk assessments
- Contribute to quarterly BCM reporting for the ORC, ERMC, Board and regulators
- Contribute to regular BCM reporting for operational senior management
- Create and maintain a current BCM risk profile that supports the basis for making business decisions from a risk appetite perspective.
- Assist in the anticipation and preparation for emerging risks and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support response efforts at time of incident
- Establish a clear vision for the team consistent with the overall business objectives. Builds the team strategy and defines clear objectives and work plans. Leads and motivates the team to achieve, sets and maintains high standards of personal responsibility and leads by example
- Demonstrate Business Acumen and operational expertise including an understanding of insurance operations
- Manage their business with a clear view of how each decision impacts the overall financial goals of the business.
- Understand the business environment and demonstrate awareness of all the factors which have a bearing on the performance of business areas.
- Be proactive and effective at building co-operative relationships across the organisation.
- Understand the sensitivities within the organisation and work supportively with colleagues of all functions to achieve results and efficiencies in the best interests of the business.
- Deliver successful change management initiatives while understanding how changes will impact on the business and monitors initiatives, keeping plans on track.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate new and different solutions