Mainframe Team Manager
Dublin - Work From Home
To deliver business driven IT services, by managing a team of IT systems administrators to deliver high quality, cost effective mainframe and mid-range IT services in line with agreed service levels
To manage the IT domains under your control (mainframe, Datacom database, Unix systems, Oracle databases and Storage) and ensure:
- Systems availability and performance in accordance with SLAs and best practice
- Capacity and performance planning and tuning necessary for required systems performance and continuity
- Currency of software and hardware levels in line with supplier recommendation and best practice
- Fault tolerant System configurations which maximize system availability
- Adherence with IS Security and Operational standards
- Currency of all TSG standards and process controls and documentation
- To plan and delivery agreed projects on time, on budget, on scope. To prepare and maintain project plans in support of this objective.
- To prepare, monitor and update Service Level Agreements for IT domains in conjunction with IT Management Team and business users.
- To liaise with IT Service Delivery and Solution Delivery Management teams to ensure the delivery of a seamless IT service and the proactive resolution of operational and strategic issues
- To liaise with business representatives to ensure the quality and appropriateness of IT service and solutions
- To manage the delivery of quality IT technical and user support to user and IT departments in accordance with SLAs
- To manage and report on system performance in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- To ensure adherence to IT change management standards.
- To maintain a knowledge of IT vendors’ services and strategies and build a relationship with key IT suppliers
- To manage day-to-day IT procurement through capex control, maintenance of order tracking system, order/invoice processing, vendor liaison and financial reporting
- To identify and implement process enhancements that will improve operational activities and service.
- To manage, motivate, and lead the TSG team to meet Unit’s objectives, ensuring the Performance Management process is fully implemented.
- To ensure appropriate skills are in place and identify training and development needs of TSG team members. Address the needs through coaching & mentoring and the development elements of the Performance Management process.
- Manages team members’ performance through coaching and mentoring to ensure that the Unit’s key business objectives are being met
- Optimum experiences level 3 yrs + managing IT Technical Services team
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Working Knowledge of the following platforms/technologies – IBM Mainframe, Risc, Unix, Datacom, Oracle
- Project Management – PM Standards and Processes
- People Management – Create a sense of purpose and direction – Prioritise and delegate work – Provide direction and leadership
- Ownership & Accountability for Achieving Results – Demonstrates commitment to success by taking ownership and accepting accountability and responsibility for actions
- Performance management through Coaching and Mentoring
- Customer Service – Create an environment where excellence in customer service is the norm
- Sc. in IT or related subject
- Project Management Institute qualification
Working Hours & Benefits
Standard 40 hour working week