Red Hat Linux Administrator
- Build, install, configure, and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environments;
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of the Red Hat environment;
- Research root cause of problems and escalate to engineering and vendor support as necessary;
- Develop, automate, and implement operations best practices, including Active Directory integrations, advanced network configuration, Operating System Hardening;
- Effectively collaborate with Server, Storage, Network, Development, and Support teams.
- Follow established Enterprise change management procedures;
- Participate in Business Continuation / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing;
- Must have the ability to understand and relate to new products, technology, strategy and be able to follow directions.
In addition, candidates should:
- Be responsive to business needs, having an ability to react quickly and to deliver quality end products and services;
- Be able to analyse a problem and devise an effective solution;
- Have a strong ability to develop and manage people across many teams and disciplines;
- Possess the ability to understand technical concepts and explain them clearly to users unfamiliar with computer technology;
- Be self-motivated and direct, with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Be able to manage performance through effective monitoring, coaching, and feedback;
- Use sound judgement to deal with situations and in communication between teams;
- Be competent with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Have the ability to identify and evaluate resources and plan for the utilisation throughout the execution of comprehensive, long range plans;
- Have the ability to devise new approaches to make improvements or to solve problems;
- Have an ability and willingness to approach solutions in a hands-on manner when required.
- A degree level qualification, preferably in Computer Science, ICT, or Telecommunications;
- 2+ years’ Linux Admin experience;
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux, ideally holding Red Hat Certified System Administrator;
- Advanced experience with Red Hat Linux versions: RHEL 5, RHEL 6, and RHEL 7;
- Knowledge of monitoring tools to find problems, issue resolution/troubleshooting, and/or issue escalation;
- Proven ability to provide ownership of technical issues from assignment until resolution in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Proven experience in bash scripting
Essential and Desirable Skills
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Experience with automation technologies such as kickstart, RedHat Satellite, Ansible or puppet.
- Experience with VMWare virtualisation technologies and ESXi
- Experience with Tomcat / JBoss Web applications
Working Hours & Benefits
40 Hours per week
Strong Daily Rate