The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of audiences so as to ensure the delivery of quality distance education utilising the latest technology. This role will have a strong focus on learning pedagogy.
- Updating and migrating the content of the Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) to a new Moodle version.
- Working with specific academic teams to restructure their VLE content such that their upgraded courses become the example in their faculty of how to utilise the latest technology and tools to support a blended learning environment.
- Operating as a Project Leader when required to manage and track your work and the commitments of others who are involved in the migration project. Depending on the academic faculties you will work with, this aspect of your role make take up 20% of your working week.
- Providing VLE course management, user management, the maintenance and creation of materials and effectively resolving operational issues, and operating as a Subject Matter Expert in content creation and reformatting.
- Managing multiple learning platforms; being rigorous in ensuring that the content is of a high quality and usability to protect the user’s experience.
- Providing regular reporting as required on key project metrics relating to the learning platforms and services.
- Providing VLE/Moodle training as required to staff, academic teams and students.
- Liaising with resources outside of the Moodle Migration Team as appropriate, including a close working relationship within the wider IT department, internal teams and external testing resources.
- Contributing learning design to course teams across a range of online programmes.
- Translating needs as expressed by non-expert staff in the business into technical and educational requirements and design solutions to meet these.
- Applying standard ID approaches to designing course structures that are aligned to set learning objectives and outcomes.
- Creating courses using Moodle as the primary learning tool and e-learning rapid authoring tools as appropriate to each learning activity.
- Communicating technical and educational concepts effectively to all levels of the organisation and across a range of technical and /or educational experience.
- Designing and delivering structured and planned training appropriate to the need and audience.
- Identifying areas for innovation and improvement from engagement and feedback from stakeholders.
- Supporting the Learning Technology Manager in developing the learning technology strategy in line with the broader business plans.
- Keeping up-to-date with technology and platform developments to seek and identify possible improvements to the online learning experience for students and clients.
- Being prepared to attend offices in the greater Dublin region for prolonged periods of time, and on occasion at international locations should the Migration Project require physical attendance at workshops and project meetings.
Essential and Desirable Skills
Person Specification Essential:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience gained in a relevant working environment.
- Working with tutors / SME’s and Instructional Designers to design and deliver online and blended courses.
- Thorough working knowledge of Moodle for both course administration (e.g. course creation / management and user management) and for the delivery of online learning (with Moodle as the primary tool e.g. activity creation, structured collaborative learning, etc.).
- Experience of leading project teams, including planning and tracking work packages.
- Understanding of instructional design methods.
- Awareness of usability issues and best practice.
- Familiarity with common standards and formats (e.g. HTML, SCORM, etc.).
- Familiarity with authoring tools such as Camtasia, Captivate or Articulate is essential.
- Good writing skills.
- Familiarity with a standard production processes and methods (e.g. storyboards, asset production, etc.).
- Technologically adaptable.
- Either a EU passport or Stamp 4/Stamp 1G visa
Person Specification Desirable
- Experience in an established e-Learning / education provider or in an appropriate dedicated function (e.g. an e-learning team).
- Some project management experience evidenced by an ability to manage own work and deliveries and an awareness of risk management.
Working Hours & Benefits
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Gym Membership