Junior Systems Administrator
€25,000 - €30,000
My Dublin North client is recruiting for a Junior Systems Administrator to join their existing team.
The primary function of this role is to support and manage IT Services and infrastructures across multiple sites in a different locations across Ireland. The role involves being part of a small localised team which is part of a global IT organisation.
- Client Devices: Provide end-user support for PCs, Laptops and phones, technical setup & basic training for new hires.
- Server Systems: Knowledge of standard service systems device support and configuration, including data and systems recovery.
- Networks: A solid understanding of modern network topologies and technologies and the use of standard TCP/IP troubleshooting tools.
- Service: Using the company Service Desk application to log and document the relevant Business/IT issues.
- Telephony: An understanding of commercial telephony systems.
- Adaptable: Ad-hoc responsibilities as required to support the business needs. Ability to make technical decisions as required.
- Security: A fundamental awareness of hardware and software security tools; including RF/Wireless device lock-down; patch management and endpoint analysis.
- Applications: Knowledge of current standard applications and specific IT Infrastructure application support processes required to enable the business function.
- Process & Procedures: Ability to use structured procedures to implement technical changes. Ability to produce clear and concise documentation to support the work of the IT Dept. Project work to support specific business requirements. Liaising with service providers to ensure timely resolution of issues and ensuring quality of service
- Minimum 2 – 3 years work experience in an IT/business analyst role
- Strong communication skills for customers and staff
- Strong analytical, IT and Project Management skills
- Windows Server Administration, WAN/LAN configuration, TCP/IP, Wireless/RF
- AS400/I Series, McAfee EPolicy, Symantec Backup Exec, VMWare, Kaseya knowledge
- You will be required to travel to other sites (10% maximum travel)