Java Technical Lead
My Dublin based client is looking for a Java Technical Lead to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical/Team Lead to join our expanding IT department, responsible for the development and maintenance of mission critical applications.
- Lead and manage a team of 6 developers in building high quality internal and external services.
- Act a technical point of contact for both the Integration and other development teams.
- Liaise with key senior IT and business staff including, IT Management, Enterprise Architects and QA functions.
- Champion best practices within the team, including TDD, code reviews and pair programming.
- Take ownership of the Integration platform as a thought leader.
- Mentor and bring on junior members of the team.
Essential and Desirable Skills:
- 7+ years solid technical experience across the full Java stack, including JAX-WS, CXF, SOAP, REST, HTTPS, TLS, Spring, Hibernate, JDBC, JSP, JMS
- Experience of an Enterprise Service Bus and associated platforms, eg Mule ESB, Tomcat, Weblogic, WebSphere, ActiveMQ
- Familiarity with Oracle, DB2 and SQLServer
- Web services development a distinct advantage
- Working knowledge of tool, such as, Jenkins, Subversion, Maven, Ant, Nexus, Cobertura, Eclipse and IntelliJ
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices TDD, CI and CD would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of Scrum (XP) or Agile working practices would be highly useful.
- Third Level Qualification in Computer Science / IT or relevant work experience.