Java Developer (Linux/Unix)
Dublin City Centre
€50,000 - €60,000
My client is looking for a Java Developer with Linux/Unix to join their busy development team in Dublin City Centre.
The successful candidate will be writing Java web-based software in a Linux environment. My client is using data-intensive applications, therefore a very good knowledge of SQL is essential. Knowledge of Objective-C would be a bonus. This role will suit a developer who can concentrate on goals and estimate required effort and time accurately. You will work with highly experienced experts in the field of high-volume, high-resilience and high-security software. Even if you already have attained high proficiency in Java development, you will likely be challenged as my client continuously provides market-leading innovative products to its clients.
- Java (required)
- Linux (required)
- PostgreSQL (required)
Attributes sought after:
- Excellent self-organisational skills and especially time management
- Ability to focus on the business goals of the development concentrating on client requirements
- Ability to work in a structured development environment with an existing code base
- An aptitude for quality work and ability to achieve a high level of ‘finish’
- You need to provide convincing evidence that you can develop software to high standards. A university degree in computer science and documented contributions to public free/open source software projects are not essential but would be advantageous.