My Dublin based client is looking for a Java Developer to join their team on a permanent basis.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to join an expanding IT team, responsible for the development and maintenance of our mission critical applications. The Java Developer will report to the Technical Lead and will be involved in the customization of our claims administration system.
- Work on complex projects that require both depth and breadth of knowledge in a number of technologies and the business.
- Participate on projects, clarifying the business requirements, performing systems analysis, development and modification activities, as well as related maintenance & support.
- Assist in planning sessions with the business users to analyze business requirements, and provide design recommendations.
- Write concise and clear technical specifications based on analysis of complex business requirements.
- Translate business and technical requirements into business application systems.
- Develop and modify complex software systems using disciplined software development processes.
- 3+ years’ experience in Java Development including JEE technologies such as
- JSP, JMS, JNDI, SOAP
- Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat
- Database: DB2, Oracle
- Development Tools: Ant, Maven, JUnit, Eclipse, Subversion, Selenium, Jenkins
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices TDD, CI and CD would be highly beneficial.
- Experience working in both Windows & Linux environments.
- Understanding of logical and physical design
- Experience in projects though which multiple systems are integrated, including design and implementation of high-level and detailed project plans
- Knowledge of Scrum (XP) or Agile working practices would be highly useful.
- Knowledge and experience in Mule EBS an advantage
- Exposure to object-oriented theory & concepts
Education & Training
- Third Level Qualification in Computer Science / IT or relevant work experience
- Oracle Java Certification would be an advantage