IT Windows Support Engineer
Dublin City Centre
My client is looking for an IT Windows Support Engineer to join their team on permanent basis in Dublin City Centre.
My client is looking for an experienced IT Windows Support Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting company’s infrastructure and helpdesk by providing 2nd level support.
- Assist the ICT Manager and support company’s infrastructure
- Implement company’s infrastructure strategy
- Develop best practice guidelines and ensuring all processes are documented
- Assist in the development of new technological innovations to increase customer’s satisfaction
- Manage and liaison with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Assist stakeholders with their queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist company’s service desk by answering mainly 2nd level technical queries
- Support the ICT Manager to ensure the company is compliant with all the data protection regulation
- Highlight and respond to potential security threats
- Provide guidelines to other employees to help them resolve some of the technical queries themselves
- Provide out-of-hours cover for key applications/technologies on a roster basis
- 3rd level degree in an IT-related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience specializing in the configuration, maintenance and administration of edge of Active Directory Domain Services, MS Exchange and related technologies.
- Excellent windows server admin skills and knowledge of Scripting and PowerShell.
- Ability to solve problems and work on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational, coordination, and time management skills and ability to prioritise duties as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate with technical and business teams.
- Experience in the administration of virtualised environments using VMWare and/or Hyper-V VDI.
- Good understanding of networking in a server and desktop environment, including switches (Fibre and copper), VLAN’s, TCPIP, Wireless networking, Firewall’s, VPN’s, Remote Access.
- Experience with storage technologies – SAN/NAS, iSCSI and fiber channel, raw device mappings.
- Experience with backup technologies, specifically CommVault.
- Experience managing and maintaining SharePoint web farms.
- Project Management training or certification.
- ITIL training or certification.