IT Systems Analyst
€42,000 - €52,000
My client is seeking an experienced Systems Analyst to join their team in Offaly. Great working conditions and package on offer for the right candidate.
About the role:
This role is primarily responsible for the availability, maintenance & optimization of applications and systems. A main component of that work is to translate/convert business needs into functional and technical solutions. This role will work both collaboratively and independently by utilizing subject matter expertise within the business and from your Global partners. This role will require capabilities to manage process, business applications and projects from start to finish.
- Assist efforts to install, upgrade, and maintain applications and functionality, including performance and capacity-related aspects for your areas of responsibility
- Assist with creating, managing, and executing test plans related to upgrades and maintenance releases
- Assist team members to ensure a robust and well-functioning application environment with direct supervision
- Work closely with subject matter experts and business leaders to translate/convert business needs into functional and technical solutions; understand and minimize impacts to the your area’s systems or applications due to changes or enhancements; assist in communicating impacts to stakeholders
- Document and test code/code packages through the landscapes (code promotion or transport)
- Proactively analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents & requests in a timely manner, with quality
- Seek ways to continuously improve applications, work functions and processes in your area of responsibility through innovation, time saving, or waste reduction; work across IT Teams to implement improvements
- Track and report development status and timeline to Manager and to appropriate internal tracking systems
- Assist senior system analysts develop, maintain and present metrics & statistics for health monitoring
- Create and maintain technical documentation for system administration
- Provide production support in security, troubleshooting, system monitoring/uptime & performance turning; escalate risks and issues when needed; on-call support on a 24×7 rotating schedule is required, as well as the use of a mobile device or pager
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field. Industry certification desirable but not essential.
- 5+ years of experience in systems analysis or comparable Business Systems/IT Technical environment focusing on system development and application administration
- Knowledge in software development lifecycle protocols
- Proven ability in supporting and administrating hypervisor technologies (preferably VMware) and Windows Server environments. Linux (Red Hat) knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Fundamental knowledge of Active Directory and networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with installing and configuring Server Room hardware including servers, switches & cabling.