IT System Administrator
My Cork based client is looking for an IT System Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis, focusing on Manufacturing systems.
My Cork based client is looking for an IT System Administrator to join their team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent time to join a well-established organization that offers plenty of challenging projects, learning opportunities, and career progression.
In this role, you will provide IT administration for a range of manufacturing systems and business applications. You will play a key role in the maintenance, modification, and improvement of technical solutions for the business, whilst ensuring they are secure, robust, up-to-date, and fit for purpose. You will also provide day-to-day technical support to different business units, such as Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.
- Deploy, maintain, and enhance a range of IT solutions across applications, infrastructure, network administration, and service delivery.
- Provide technical support to end users, including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Install software updates, antivirus, and security patches across desktops, laptops, and servers
- Update and maintain IT security across firewalls LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Provide technical support for MES applications, i.e. Siemens, SAP, Aveva/Wonderware
- Support the maintenance of security devices such as CCTV, access control, and cameras
- Maintain IT equipment such as hand-held devices, touchscreens, printers, scanners, etc.
- Provide technical support to different business units such as Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement by proposing solutions that will automate, streamline, and improve IT systems.
- At least 2+ years- experience in IT System Administration and IT Support roles
- Must have experience working in a GMP / FMCG manufacturing environment
- Broad IT knowledge across hardware, software applications, networks, security, and databases
- Experience supporting SAP and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Knowledge of SQL, Oracle, etc.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Technical skillset with an ability to solve technical problems
- Strong communication skills to speak with technical and non-technical users
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Relevant degree or diploma in IT or another relevant field
- Relevant IT certifications would also be desirable
Working Hours & Benefits