My Dublin based client is currently seeking qualified applicants for a position within their IT and Facilities Team. This is a full time, permanent role.
The successful candidate will:
- Report to IT and Facilities Manager
- Have responsibility for the management of all IT systems to ensure effective and efficient operation, and management of an outsourced IT help desk
- Have some data management, software development and implementation life cycle experience
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- To work in the IT Department providing both technical and first line application support.
- To organize the performance of services such as software audits, under the direction of the IT Manager
- To organize the provision of 2nd level support for the resolution of faults with the relevant application and system suppliers.
- To assist with the management and resolution of incidents e.g. major disruption to IT services, and in particular to issue accurate and timely messages to relevant users, concerning the delivery of systems and services.
- To identify issues and potential improvements with a view to providing improved service for users and their applications.
- Responsible for data management function and other key applications data used across the business.
This is not an exhaustive list and the role will include any duties required from time to time which are appropriate for the position and the needs of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as support technician with proven results.
- Web skills (IIS, ASP, HTML) to support company websites and portals.
- Experience of key current IT security issues including anti-virus, web filtering, mail management, etc.
- Business / Applications e.g. claims management systems, financial systems.
- Software development and implementation life cycle experience.
- Data management experience (Data warehousing, MIS, OLAP, Decision Support tools e.g. Tableau)
- Communications and security (WANs, data services, firewalls)
- Third party supplier management.
- Familiar with using structured help desk systems.
- Experience of working with SIEM tools
Other skills that would be an advantage:
- An exposure to and a knowledge of the following business systems, architecture, administration and maintenance including:
- Windows 2008 and above, Server, Network
- RDBMS (Oracle 11gr2, MS SQL)
- Printing using MFP and ‘follow me printing’ solutions,
- Virtualization (VMware 6, SRM 6, Veeam),
- Microsoft (MS Exchange 2010, Office)
- Hosted systems and 3rd party data centres and supporting communications links
- Working with and supporting claims management systems, hosted systems, web-based systems
- Security – familiarity with regular compliance reporting needs (e.g. ISO 27001)
- Relevant industry experience in areas of data compliance, reporting, etc.
- Strong customer focus, appreciation and understanding of business needs.
- Adaptable to deal with competing pressures and resources, ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills both oral and written.
- Project management and methodical troubleshooting skills will be valuable assets for the position.
- Able to work with external 3rd Party suppliers, contract management.
- Professional telephone manner, ability to provide accurate and timely response to users.
- Experience of working with structured methodologies (project management, systems development, data management and analysis).
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to lead a team and interact with other team members effectively.
- A readiness to take ownership.
- Organized and efficient.
- Able to demonstrate that they meet the skills/competencies outlined in the application form, while possessing the requisite knowledge and ability to be able to discharge all the functions of the position.
- Be in a state of health as would reasonably indicate a prospect of an ability to provide a regular and efficient service