IT Service Support Manager
My Dublin based Financial Services client is looking for a IT Service Support Manager to join the team on a 9-12 month temporary contract.
IT Service Support manager
Reporting directly to the Head of IT Operations, the successful candidate will manage and motivate an IT technical team, creating a sense of purpose and direction, prioritising and delegating work to meet Unit’s objectives, effectively manages performance and identifies training and development needs of team members.
- Manage IT domains (Mainframe Operations, IT Helpdesk, Desktop environment, Service Desk and ancillary systems)
- Systems availability and performance in accordance with SLAs and best practice
- Currency of software and hardware levels in line with supplier recommendation and best practice
- Delivery of all IT Operational Batch processes and associated outputs in line with SLAs and business requirements
- Delivery of IT Helpdesk services in accordance with SLAs and best practice
- Provision of 2nd level user support, technical support and monitoring of key systems in line with agreed services levels.
- Currency of all policies, process controls and documentation for area
- Ensures effective oversight of key IT Operations activities in the area for successful delivery of key services & activities.
- Manages IT Change Management process
- Ensure appropriate IT Controls Framework embedded and fully reflecting all key controls in your area.
- Engages with IT Management and business representative teams to ensure the delivery of a seamless IT service within SLAs and the proactive resolution of operational and strategic issues. E.g. Service Review Meetings
- 3rd Party/Vendor Manager for key service providers
- A minimum of 6 years IT support or engineering experience, with working knowledge of the following platforms/technologies; Mainframe Operations, IT Helpdesk, Desktop environment, Service Desk and ancillary systems
- 3rd level qualification in IT discipline, or equivalent experience
- ITIL Practitioner with excellent knowledge ITIL/IT Service Manager processes and best practice
- Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure & Operations technologies, trends and strategies
- Working knowledge of COBIT or equivalent IT Controls framework
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills