IT Server Specialist
€350 - €400
My South Dublin based client is looking for an IT Server Specialist to join their team on a 6 month contract.
About the role:
The successful applicant will work as part of a team that is responsible for the installation, maintenance, management and development of information systems supporting the operational and management information needs of the company.
- Project management and delivery of enhancements and upgrades to Windows platforms and related systems such as SANs, VMware, Citrix and Commvault
- Build, hardening and commissioning of servers to the highest standards and provision of accompanying documentation
- Problem diagnosis, analysis and resolution w.r.t. Windows platforms and related systems in a timely fashion to maximise reliability and availability of all systems on a 24*7 basis
- Business continuity and failover testing of key infrastructure applications (e.g. Exchange) and infrastructure
- Provision of input to systems design processes, technology evaluation and architecture
- Compliance with the organisation’s IT Strategy, commissioning standards, incident management processes and security policies
- Maintenance of high standards w.r.t. data centres i.e. equipment installation, commissioning, identification and management
- Review and implementation of operating system security patches and service packs
- Oversight of and adherence to Service Level Agreements
- A formal qualification in an IT discipline or a third level qualification in a discipline with a high IT emphasis
- 4-5 years’ experience in a Windows Server support environment :
- Build, hardening and commissioning of Windows servers
- Management of SCCM, MS Exchange, Commvault, Citrix, Active Directory, Symantec AntiVirus and VMware
- Administration of file systems such as partitioning, mounting and provisioning of SAN storage
- Configuration of server network interfaces and management of network services such as SSH, NFS, FTP, etc.
- Management and administration of background services and on-demand services
- Configuration of kernel parameters
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues in server functionality, performance, connectivity and security
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to provide technical guidance to junior team members
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely manner
- Strong inter-personal, communications and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Experience supporting 24 X 7 X 365 environment
- PRINCE 2
- Dell Server experience
- EMC Clarion / Compellent SAN experience
- Experience of working within a similar high availability environment.