IT Security Project Manager
My South Dublin client is seeking a skilled IT Security Project manager for a 12 month contract role.
An IT Security Project Manager is required to support the Security Operations team lead in the delivery of key projects in the IT security space. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of security and infrastructure delivery projects within a complex integrated systems environment. The project manager will be responsible for developing and managing project schedules, costs, identifying risks & issues and clearly communicating these to project stakeholders. There is a need for formal reporting, tracking and monitoring of project work.
The IT Security Project Manager will be responsible for managing significant IT security projects including the management of schedules, risk, stakeholder communications, costs and overseeing the necessary governance. The successful candidate will ensure that the projects are delivered on-time, to budget and to agreed quality standards. The role requires a self-starter with a third level degree in an IT/Business related discipline and a proven track record in delivering projects in the field of IT security and/or IT infrastructure. Excellent technical and analytical skills are essential along with an ability to operate in a large complex IT environment working collaboratively with colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
- Extensive decision making and an ability to prioritise.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive technical and analytical skills with the ability to operate in a large complex environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven experience in risk and change management.
- Proficient in project management software/tools.
- PRINCE2 Certified.
Essential and Desirable Skills:
- 4+ years proven track record in IT Project Management
- Management of (or lead a lead role in) cyber-security IT infrastructure projects e.g. SIEM, TVM, CASB, DDOS,IDS/IPS
- Extensive knowledge of scheduling and budgeting for IT project implementation.
- Management of IT/Technical projects, including telecommunications, networks, data centres and related technologies
- 3rd Level Degree in Information Technology.