IT Network Engineer
Dublin / Hybrid
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for an IT Network Engineer to join the team on a permanent role working on hybrid model.
My Dublin City Centre based client is recruiting for an IT Network Engineer to join the team on a permanent role working on hybrid model. The Network Engineer will report into Group Networks Manager and will be a key role in analysing, operating and implementing secure network solutions to support the business globally.
- Build and operate office Local Area Network infrastructure; firewalls, switches, routers, wireless APs across a number of global sites
- Implement network changes as required e.g., firewall rules, IPsec VPN, SSL-VPN for remote access, web filtering, DHCP, BGP/OSPF routing changes;
- Firewall product support across vendors, mainly Fortinet & VMWare NSX, but also Check Point, Cisco, Palo Alto or Juniper experience would be useful.
- Use log analysis for network issue troubleshooting;
- Work with key Managed Service Suppliers to maintain and operate a secure, highly available/fault tolerant Network Infrastructure designed to meet 24/7 Business Operations;
- Maintain & operate centralised network services – e.g., monitoring, authentication, configuration management, log collection, auditing.
- Assist in identifying and implementing continuous improvements to ensure the network infrastructure meets the business needs.
- Participate in evaluations of new network methodologies and technologies as required by business needs, participating in product evaluations, selection criteria, and deployment of emerging technologies.
- Minimum 2 years of level-3 network engineering and firewall management experience supporting business critical networks
- Proven hands-on experience of management of at least one of the following firewall vendors – Fortinet, Check Point, Cisco, Palo Alto or Juniper.
- Experienced in complex problem solving and troubleshooting of network services and systems integration;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prioritise work efficiently and effectively;
- This role would suit a person who is a dynamic team player, who is flexible, energetic and passionate with a positive attitude and keen attention to detail.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Experience with Fortinet Centralised Networks Management Products (e.g., FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiClient EMS).
- Experience of IPsec VPNs and SSL-VPN.
- Experience of dynamic routing protocols; OSPF/BGP.
Working Hours & Benefits
- Hybrid Working
- Pension 10% – No contribution needed
- Bonus – 12%
- Social Club