My Dublin based client is looking for an IT Lead / IT Site Business Partner for the IT Function and Managing of the day to day IT business operations.
- As a local IT Leader, you will leverage the global IT collaboration network, platforms and products to advance the site.
- You will lead the site IT team and be member of the Site Leadership Team. The role will provide direct supervision of individuals including mentoring, performance management, and staffing decisions as well as manage all activities of internal/external resources within the group.
- Not only will you assure that strategic and tactical plans are met but will also be responsible for budget commitments and forecast.
- Provides technical analysis and expertise for IT solutions on IT operations within their technical area of expertise.
- Integrates specialized, technical expertise and a consultative approach in solving complex technical problems as individual or as team member.
The scope of this role is the IT Function and Managing of the day to day IT business operations.
- Provide Managerial reporting line to local IT team
- Contribute to Manufacturing and Local IT strategy to roadmap the site business system landscape for the site in collaboration with local stakeholders
- Single Point of Contact for local IT issues
The IT team operates as a shared service with multiple key IT systems shared across both sites, therefore the following responsibilities are shared:
- Establish effective business relationship and collaboration between local business leadership and Global IT leadership
- Manage vendor relationships and performance via oversight of relevant SLAs and contracts
- Ensure IT team delivers formal policies and standard operating procedures for all aspects of IT Service Delivery according to compliance and audit requirements
- Absence cover for GC IT Lead
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing ISA95 Level3 and 4 systems: MES, LIMS, CDS, Historian, ERP, application certification and or relevant experience
- Infrastructural systems: VMWare, Citrix, Cisco, Microsoft certification
- ITIL intermediate level
- SaaS or Cloud technologies certification and/ or relevant expeience
- Determine and manage priorities, timelines and schedules, with the ability to communicate priorities driven from global IT to plant level senior leadership
- Management of IT support organisation;
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Demonstrate strong autonomy in problem solving and decision making skills
- Create and manage both Capital and Operational budgets
- Work closely with cross functional business teams, and global teams.
- Proven at building and maintaining relationships.
- Engage in strategic initiatives, planning process and making technology recommendations to increase operational value
- Participate in the development of the Global IT vision and be responsible for translating the vision into short and long-term goals and deliverables
- Develop and drive knowledge sharing and continous improvement capabilities within the team.
- Shape and lead digital innovation at manufacturing site level, while maintaining global alignment, through existing and emerging technologies
- Create and track key performance indicators to ensure alignment with plant and global functions
- Develop, gather and measure relevant productivity metrics as well as create operational mechanisms to ensure a steady environment
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Practice efficient time management and coordinates tasks, working in an international environment.
- Masters in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Ability to work with Quality Management Systems
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-functionally to ensure successful delivery of services
- Project management experience