IT Infrastructure Manager
Dublin City Centre
My Dublin based client is recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Manager to join the team. This is a perm role that will be remote working initially and then a hybrid model will kick in after that.
My Dublin based client is recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Manager to join the team. This is a perm role that will be remote working initially and then a hybrid model will kick in after that. The Global IT Infrastructure Manager will be accountable globally for the development, implementation and management of the organization IT Infrastructure and architecture strategy. The role will be heavily focused on Information Security and you will ensure the client is aligned for ongoing certification maintenance audits and will require to develop a model & plan for the Infrastructure team going forward. The candidate should have extensive experience in all areas of networks, security, telephony and IT Infrastructure both on prem and cloud and also have experience in providing infrastructure solutions in a contact center environment.
- You will design, develop, & maintain a stable, secure, scalable, relevant, & cost-effective contact centre cloud infrastructure that meets the requirements of the organization.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Information Security Management standards and best practices in line with legislation e.g. GDPR, etc.
- You will establish, document, maintain, & ensure the proper execution of the policies, processes, & procedures required for the effective management of a stable, secure, and scalable IT Infrastructure, including, the IT infrastructure monitoring, the management of the IT asset lifecycle from procurement to disposal, the security of the IT infrastructure, etc.
- You will lead daily operational activities of the Infrastructure Team, including, the responsibility for all internal hardware & communications infrastructure, software, licensing, as well as any relevant levels of support for internal IT tools, software deployments, software updates & patches, & third-party services.
- Travel to other delivery sites, to work with local IT teams both nationally & internationally from time to time as required.
- Perform team management duties with the team as required e.g. managing annual leave, performance management, disciplinaries, etc.
- Responsible on a day-to-day basis for the smooth & reliable operation and & support of all components of the IT Infrastructure.
- Implement, set, & deliver to appropriate internal IT service levels, KPI’s & CSAT measurements for the business.
- Review & document key performance metrics & indicators to ensure high performance of IT service delivery systems.
- Develop business continuity planning & disaster recovery plans as required.
- You will ensure regular IT infrastructure & security audits e.g. from customers & external third parties, ISO, user & system access, system security, etc.
- Ensure appropriate & up-to-date security awareness training is in place for the business.
- You will develop innovative strategies for new & existing applications, software, & operating systems.
- Align & report as required to the IT Director
- You will represent the IT Dept at all required internal management meetings on all applicable IT projects, budget reporting & progress on future objectives for the company etc. as required.
- You will collaborate with other Teams in the business to identify & address the requirements for IT Infrastructure improvements, changes, & queries.
- You will work closely with decision makers in other departments as well as Corporate IT, to proactively identify, recommend, develop, implement, & support cost-effective technology solutions for all applicable aspects of the business that support operational & strategic goals.
- You will create & present IT solutions that support the strategic growth plans of the organisation.
- You will design & deliver presentations to new & existing Clients with regards to the IT Department.
- You will assist the sales team in bids & tenders for new business opportunities e.g. designing & presenting suitable technology solutions to customers in appropriate formats.
- Oversee deployment of systems & network integration in association with partner clients, business partners, suppliers, & subsidiaries.
- You will manage & maintain IT spending in line with budget submissions.
- Evaluate department budget & costs associated with training.
- Set up, manage, & run projects utilising standard & appropriate project management practices.
- You will assist information security audits, whether performed by organization or third-party personnel.
- You will ensure information security needs of the business are maintained.
- Assess current technology architecture for vulnerabilities, weaknesses & for possible upgrades or improvement.
- You will implement & oversee technological upgrades, improvements, & major changes to the information security environment.
- You will manage & configure physical security, disaster recovery & data backup systems.
- You will communicate information security goals & new programs effectively with other department managers within the organization.
- This position will involve some travel to clients and sites.
- 2+ years in network / IT Infrastructure engineer IT support roles
- 3+ years in IT Management roles managing network / desktop support teams.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management (Project Management certifications e.g., PMP desirable)
- Experience of working within the ITIL Framework.
- Experience migrating on prem infrastructure to the cloud (Azure).
- Proven leadership experience managing teams, coaching, and mentoring individuals.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Flexible to travel on an on-going basis, both local & internationally.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively; must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute decisions with good judgment and discretion.
- Good time management skills
Essential and Desirable Skills
- In-depth understanding of network security technologies e.g. firewalls, 2FA, MFA, etc.
- Understanding of project scheduling & the ability to drive task completion.
- Strong knowledge of the O365, SharePoint, & Azure platforms.
- Strong understanding & knowledge of relational databases & data structures.
- In-depth understanding & experience with contact centre telephony systems e.g. Cloud PBX, soft phones, etc.
- The ability to create & manage security strategies.
- Demonstrable experience in developing & delivering scalable infrastructure solutions in line with strategic goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Relevant Security and/or Infrastructure related certifications will be an advantage.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, electronics or equivalent telecommunications or any related field or equivalent
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38 Hour Working Week
- Remote / Hybrid Model
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus bank holidays
- Health Insurance
- Bike to work Scheme