IT Infrastructure Engineer (Contract or Perm)
My client based in Dublin West is recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the team on a perm or contract basis.
My client based in Dublin West is recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the team on a perm or contract basis. The IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. They, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve operating environment. They also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments; responding to incidents, problems and planning for growth. This individual will also be responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of IaaS and On Premise Datacentres and will act as backup for the IT Service Desk.
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Leads enterprise base work initiatives and projects.
- Develops enhanced production monitoring and additional capability.
- Defines improvements increased system reliability and performance.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques based on engineering requirements.
- Develops scripted solutions to automate IT processes.
- Coordinates changes across multiple systems.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
- Develops plans to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application.
- Recommends settings changes to the operating system to improve performance and reliability.
- Develops, maintains, recommends, documents, and supports tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management.
- Monitors database performance and recommends changes.
- A min of 3 or more years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Server Experience
- Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions.
- Sharepoint Online
- Trackwise or similar quality management system
- Microsoft Servers / Laptops
- Active Directory
- Office365 management
- Ticketing Systems
- Networking (Palo Alto & Cisco)
- Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience.
Working Hours & Benefits