IT Infrastructure Engineer
Dublin / Hybrid
My Dublin City Centre based client is currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. This will be working off a hybrid model.
My Dublin City Centre based client is currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. This role will be working off a hybrid model. The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for management and execution of organisational IT Infrastructures and assist with planning and execution of all the infrastructure changes. You will take ownership and resolution of all Level 3 infrastructure issues.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all infrastructure is maintained, secured & stable in order to support the business, Server builds, virtualization, migrations, and
- Microsoft cloud services g. Office 365 & Azure installation, migration, & support.
- Microsoft applications e.g. Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, setup, migration, &
- Network & firewall setup & support primarily Checkpoint.
- Backup solutions setup & support
- End-user level 3 device support & troubleshooting as required
- You will engage with the change process & execute on change tasks according to scope
- Implement proactive support upgrades, patching & all other maintenance
- You will assist ensuring all IT infrastructure assets are hardened, patched, secured, configured, maintained.
- You will assist with review & determination of capacity, performance & communication bandwidth requirements for systems both on premise & cloud- based services.
- Evaluate solutions proposed by vendors, identifying best fit for organisation requirements when required.
- Customer relationship management
- You will collaborate with other IT functions groups including Service Delivery, Technical Support, Applications, Security, in the plan, design, test activities as needed, for projects & initiatives.
- You will work with the IT Leadership & Management teams to develop & execute IT Infrastructure strategy.
- Undergo programmes of training and development as may be required from time to time.
- You will work with Vendors Managers to escalate, resolve & close out level 3 tickets
- You will provide input to vendor relationships, account management & escalation process
- You will provide regular feedback to the infrastructure manager
- You will execute maintenance checks & provide metrics on same
- You will provide reports issued to management team
- Management of the deployment of regular approved changes or patches
- You will adhere to corporate risk standards, have awareness and the highest standards of corporate
- Assess operational risks associated day-day activities and implement risk mitigation controls as necessary
- Ensure operational risk events are reported on a timely basis and risk event actions are completed within agreed timelines
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of all compliance and audit requirements.
- You will represent company strategy & commercial decisions in a proactive & positive manner
- You will lead by example, to motivate & assist with executing change across the organisation.
- The ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the
- A min of 3 years experience in leading IT infrastructure system administration
- Qualification in relevant frameworks or security standards (e.g. ITIL, etc) – Nice to have
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Suitable technical qualifications (such as CCNA, relevant Microsoft certifications, VMware etc) are nice to have.
- Relevant third level degree qualification in IT or equivalent
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38 Hour Working Week
- Hybrid Working
- Pension ( 8% Company / 6% Employee)
- Bonus up to 20%
- 25 Days Annual plus Bank holidays