The role of the IT Helpdesk Supervisor includes but is not limited to:
- Supervising the daily operation of the IT Helpdesk and IT technical support team.
- Actively managing the helpdesk and ensuring that the IT technical support team manage and update their support tickets so that the ticket holders receive regular status updates on the progress of the tickets and that tickets are closed in a timely manner.
- Managing the workload of the IT technical support team. Delegating work effectively, providing clear information on what is required and ensuring successful and timely delivery.
- Ensuring the technical support team are adequately supported and maintain an appropriate level of Continued Professional Development to enable them to provide the best possible service to the hospital.
- Managing individual and team performance including assisting the Department Head in carrying out annual performance reviews with the technical support team.
- Planning and monitoring assigned projects to ensure these are completed to the agreed quality within agreed time frames. Escalate appropriately if these parameters are at risk.
- Identifying, troubleshooting and ultimately resolving technical problems of moderate to high level complexity.
- Contributing technical content and departmental procedures to the Service Desk knowledge base.
- Setting specific customer service standards.
- Contributing to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints.
- Establishing best practices through the entire technical support process referencing ITIL practices throughout.
- Developing daily, weekly and monthly KPI reports on help desk team’s productivity
- Supervising the daily operation of the company’s IT infrastructure to ensure that it is performing optimally.
- Overseeing the delivery and maintenance of security systems and protocols to ensure confidentiality, security and integrity of all hospital data and to comply fully with data protection laws.
- Understand the ICT infrastructure, business systems, information and security requirements.
- Influence user behaviour to reduce security risks providing references and support.
- Perform minor upgrades conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements. Refer opportunities for project work to the Department Head.
- Following up with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Partnering with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- Maintain relevant knowledge levels to ensure modern technology and opportunities can be identified to enhance the customer’s IT operations.
- Ensuring Continued Professional Development in IT Helpdesk Supervisor role including:
- Being aware of current developments and issues in Information Technology by reading current literature and keeping abreast of new developments.
- Assuming responsibility for his or her own professional development by undertaking professional training.
- Documenting, updating and maintaining IT policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures identified by the hospital as being relevant to the post have been read, acknowledged, implemented and adhered to.
Flexibility is a requirement of this position and the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake such other duties as assigned by the Information Technology Manager. Such duties can be outside the normal area of work.
- Be educated to Degree level with a relevant professional qualification
- Experience as a Service Desk Administrator/Supervisor/Manager in a similar environment with 2 to 3 years’ experience in a diverse technology and customer service-focused role
- ITIL and/or PRINCE2 qualifications desirable
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- People and Team management skills
- Logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to multi-task across several open tickets and manage and prioritise own time
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and fault-finding
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions.
- Be of good character.
Essential and Desirable Skills:
- Excellent understanding of Switching, Firewalls and Routing
- Practical understanding of Core TCP/IP networking and networking protocols
- Good understanding of DNS
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server 2012 and 2016 Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, etc
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange essential and O365/M365 desirable
- Knowledge of Network Security
The position reports to and is accountable to the Information Technology Manager or designated officer in all matters relating to the job.
- Be educated to Degree level with a relevant professional qualification.
40 hours per week