IT Helpdesk Engineer
My South Dublin client is looking for an IT Helpdesk Engineer to join their team.
My South Dublin client is looking for an IT Helpdesk Engineer to join their team. My client is a Financial Services organisation that is offering a great opportunity for a junior IT professional to kick-start their career.
This company has a great work culture that offers plenty of training opportunities for people who join the team. This is reflected in the fact that many of their staff have stayed with them for many years throughout their career.
Excellent opportunity for either an IT graduate or someone with 6-12 months’ experience in an IT support role.
- Work on a busy IT helpdesk, responding to internal tickets across all severity levels
- Troubleshoot issues across IT hardware, networking, security, and applications
- Document and track technical issues via the ticketing system
- Liaise with internal users and third-party providers in a professional manner
- Provide occasional weekend / after-hours work when required (This will be very rare)
- Must be either an IT graduate or have 6-12 months’ experience in IT
- Some general IT knowledge (e.g. troubleshooting, networking, desktop support)
- Previous experience working on an IT helpdesk / customer support role would be desirable
- Technical acumen with an interest in learning IT
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Customer support skills
- Knowledge of the following technologies would be a bonus: Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Office 365, Network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, IPV4, VPN, etc)
- Degree or diploma in IT, Computer Science, or another related field
- IT certifications would be a bonus but not essential
- Well-established company within the Financial Services industry
- Excellent training and opportunities to learn new technologies
- Hybrid working model (3 days in the office)