IT Engineer – Level 2
My South Dublin based client is recruiting for an IT Engineer (Level 2) to join the team on a permanent basis. The role will a hybrid model with a mix of field support within the Dublin Region.
My South Dublin based client is recruiting for an IT Engineer (Level 2) to join the team on a permanent basis. The role will a hybrid model with a mix of field support within the Dublin Region. The main responsibilities will include handling support calls and providing desktop and application support to colleagues as part of the IT service helpdesk working with a team environment and regular site visits to manage and ensure that users can work as expected with a high standard of service. There will be opportunities to avail of training and upskilling across a few areas including Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Citrix, VMWare, Networking, backup technologies, and business applications.
- You will set requirements & deploy IT equipment for new & existing sites
- Raise, track, update, & closeout helpdesk tickets raised by you and colleagues in line with SLAs
- You will provide first & second level support to our employees for all IT-related Systems & Networks
- Identify & escalate issues to supervisors and/or relevant team staff
- Configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting of Operational Systems, Laptops, Desktops, Mobiles, & Printers
- You will set up user accounts, emails, mailboxes, printers, permissions, and devices
- Assume full ownership and responsibility of all allocated support tickets ensuring they are dealt with promptly.
- Create & maintain up to date documentation according to standard operating procedures
- Provide clear & useful advice and status reports to clients as necessary
- Identify possible areas for improvements
- Visit the sites on daily basis to manage & ensure that the whole IT related process work as expected with high standards
- Good working knowledge of Citrix and VMware
- Excellent working knowledge of Office365, OneDrive & SharePoint Online
- Knowledge of IT fundamentals such as Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, Microsoft Exchange, Networking, Routers, Switches is an advantage
- Hardware maintenance experience
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities & manage time effectively
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn & take advantage of new concepts, business models, & technologies.
- Experience in a helpdesk or other service-oriented IT role is considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Customer focus & adaptability to different personality types
- Proven team player dedicated to providing top level, positive customer service delivery always.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Preferred 1-3 years’ experience
- S. degree in appropriate technical field, or commensurate professional experience, is highly desirable
- Current professional certifications in CCNA, VMware, Citrix and MCITP, MCSA and MCSE are considered beneficial
Working Hours & Benefits
- 38 Hour Working Week
- Hybrid / Field Support