IT Development Manager required to lead the Mainframe Team with a top Financial Services Company based in Dublin City Centre.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the Senior Development Manager (Applications) role is responsible for all development on Mainframe platforms and the leadership of a team of 30+ software developers + contractors.
The success of this role is dependent on maximising the throughput of the development team and ensuring code is developed efficiently, effectively and economically to the agreed quality standards.
The role involves the delivery of multiple concurrent development projects of varying size and nature.
Key responsibilities include:
• Delivery of Software Development – Lead development team in the successful delivery of multiple concurrent software development projects
• Leadership – Provide direction and support for team of 30+ software developers and team leads. Consolidate, structure and reskill teams. Leverage team skills and resources to maximise effectiveness.
• Operational Excellence and Best Practice Standards – Raise IT maturity levels across people, process and technology.
• Revenue Generation – A key success factor of this role surrounds the commercial management and chargeability of this team in the provision of development activities.
This is a senior appointment adding further point expertise and industry best practice to continue the transformation of the current approach to development and aid productionise (and ideally commoditise) its intellectual property.
– Expert in Microsoft Technologies using a Visual Studio Development Environment and SQL Server
– Expert leading a diversified development team using multiple programming languages such as ASP.Net, VB.Net, COBOL & C#
– Proven ability to lead a development team along a transformation journey (in this case, COBOL Development to C#)
5+ years IT technical leadership ideally in development in a financial services domain
Ideally 10+ years as an senior IT developer in a financial services domain
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this role, then please Apply along with your updated CV and I will be in touch with you to discuss your application in more detail, otherwise feel free to connect with me by whichever medium you are most comfortable with be that Linkedin, Email or Telephone. Remember we have limited our site to a maximum of 200 Jobs so if this Role is not a 100% match to your requirements please be sure to connect with us as we will most likely have another role which you may find more suitable.Apply for Job
If this isn't the job for you then why not reach out to one of our consultants today and send us your CV so we can find the one that is?Reach out to a Consultant
20 Oct 2020
Choose wisely and these benefits will increase over time as the recruitment agency’s knowledge of your business deepens. Benefits of using recruitment agencies For large organisations and SMEs,...
23 Sep 2020
Covid-19 has forced many businesses to innovate rapidly this year. Much has changed and many companies have work to do to better integrate these changes into their systems. For tech workers, this...