IT Business Analyst
Dublin City Centre
Our client is a Private Sector client who is looking for a IT Business Analyst within their IT Software Development Team.
The role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to interact with many and varied software projects and to advance their career within a successful and expanding bespoke software development organisation.
Main Responsibilities of the Business Analyst:
- Consult with the customer and based on their requirements, to generate specification document(s) which the customer can understand and approve for development. This document can then be used by the developers to work from.
- Translating high-level customer requirements into detailed functional specifications and application architecture.
- Research, identify, test, and select technology products required for solution delivery.
- Monitoring the implementation of the project.
- Writing test cases.
- Clarifying requirements and responding to issues.
- Supporting the development team in the development lifecycle.
- Estimating work effort with no guidance.
- Technical management of a team of developers in the process of designing, estimating, assigning and monitoring development tasks with no supervision.
- Clearly communicating in all formats including email, phone, Word documents and in person.
- Communicating in writing or in a presentation complex technical issues to clients in a manner understandable by business users.
- Participating in the sales process as a Technical Specialist presenting to customers a broad scope of technologies and implementations of these technologies.
- Planning a development schedule, providing guidance on development tasks and assisting in mediating project issues.
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of development tools, techniques and technologies and carrying out project post mortems to monitor and continuously improve estimation accuracy.
- Assisting in system implementation and software development if appropriate.
- The role is intensively people-facing, so the candidate must be confident and comfortable in dealing with personnel at all levels and possess well developed communication and presentation skills.
Experience Required: The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Being responsible for functional specifications, process mapping, database design, documentation of user roles, interface specifications, development and execution of test plans and UAT plans.
- Structured analysis techniques and data modelling.
- Proven ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Proven ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Strong development background is a significant advantage (5+ years software development with .Net technologies).
- Experience with OO design and implementation techniques.
- Database design and implementation (SQL 2008/2012/2014).
- Strong Web Application design experience.